August 23, 2006

Nurse Jen

Yesterday, (after waking up from my night shift), I went for an interview at another small town hospital - about 1/2 hour away. I've been wanting to learn more about maternity and surgeries but in the hospital I am currently working in, it doesn't have either - it is an Acute/Emerg hospital. So, the other day I put my application in and set up an interview. The interview yesterday went pretty well. They ask you all those 'on the spot questions' like: "If someone came and was having a heart attack, what would you do?", or "Give me an example of a trauma you were in and what did you do?". You know those questions that your head goes completely blank.... But I think I did ok. She seemed pretty positive and asked me for my references so that was good.

(This summer our hospital did a 'Then & Now' float, I was the 'then' nurse:)


After my interview I did a few errands around town then drove out the the farm and helped make supper, picked crab apples with my Mom and visited my Granparents.
Today I'm cleaning up around house, making homemade veggie/bean soup and some ginger snap cookies. I love being a farm wife...

3 comments:

Leah said...

Cute outfit, Jen! It's perfect! =)

kelly ens said...

house wife :) cute. fun, eh? now you just have to start a brood...hehe
let us know the outcome of the interview!

kelly ens said...

CFTF - crazy that you work with tim and amy! they NEVER update their blog and NEVER return emails, so please send my greetings to them (and tell them it's about time they update their website!) Thanks!