March 06, 2007

Busy & Relaxing Weekend

First of all I want to say a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my awesome husband on Friday. It's his last year in the 20's! I made him one of his favorite suppers: cheeseburgers, then that night at youth group I made all the kids sing "Happy Birthday" to him and we had cake. So it was a fun day. I had given him his birthday gift the day before which is the "Knights" expansion version of 'Settlers of Catan' - now we have the whole set. If anyone has not heard of or played that game - get on it! It's so great!
Secondly, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my hubby! 3 years today. Crazy! Yesterday I had the day off so Bri took the day off too and we went to West Ed waterpark. It was so fun! We played in the wave pool, relaxed in the hot tubs, went on the slides and relaxed on the 'beach'. Then we went out for supper at the Olive Garden - soooo yummy!
We both had this weekend off (which is kinda rare) so we spent a lazy saturday at home. I love those days where you lay on the couch watching Trading Spaces and Clean Sweep until noon. Brian had a hockey game in the afternoon so I cleaned up the house a bit. Then we rented a movie and had popcorn for supper.
Sunday we got up early to go to worship practice and lead the morning service, then my parents took us out for Brian's birthday and went hot-tubing at their place afterwards.
This week is looking pretty busy so I'm sure that it will go by quickly. Then next week on Wednesday we are off to BC to Brian's brothers place then on the 16th we're driving to Mexico on a missions trip for 2 weeks! I'm the nurse and Brian is a bus driver. Really looking forward to that!

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! and a belated happy birthday to brian - i thought about it that day, but then forgot to say anything. by the way, when's yours? I need to put it on my calendar!
sounds like you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It's crazy - 3 years ago we were all there having a great day together! It's really flown by, it seems like you guys have been together forever.
I'm excited that you're going off to this trip next weekend - I'll be praying for you all, that it'll be an awesome trip.
I love you guys!!!!

kelly ens said...

me: oct 4
alf: june 27 (the big 3-0 this year!)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best on your upcoming missions trip.

:) OJ

paige said...

Jen,
Your goofy email address keeps rejecting my emails. miss you ~ reading your updates & looking at your sweet home.
Hope you have a good time on your trip~
much love,
paige