September 01, 2008

September is here

Yesterday my best friend in highschool was home for the long weekend and I haven't seen her since the spring. After church we went over to her parents house for a BBQ and some hang out time. Most of her family and some extended family were there so there was lots of entertainment & socializing. After lunch the boys had a football game in the backyard while the girls chatted and watched on the sidelines.




My friends sister-in-law is doing distance ed for her Masters in Counselling. She gave me some encouragement and tips which was so great. She has 2 little girls at home and is expecting #3 so with her busy schedule she's making me think I can do it too!

We were invited over for supper at another families place. Their son is starting his 1st year of college tomorrow so it was a informal farewell. We had a great time chatting, eating, playing Rockband on the X-box and helping with the last minute packing.

Today Brian is combining and I'm doing this & that at home. I've jumped full force into this school thing and have gotten a pretty good headstart. I've also been doing a lot of canning/freezer filling. A couple weeks ago my sister-in-law, my Mom and I made 6 different kinds of jam and canned 2 boxes of peaches. Then on Friday my Mom and I made 2 batches of zucchini relish and Saturday I made freezer corn. Today I'm making cookies for the harvest lunches - so I'm getting right into this fall season.

Well, I better get back to my cookies and essay writing :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Another new template!!

How old are the babies already, that number 3 is already on the way?

So good to see a pic of Leigha - how long is she in town for?