November 11, 2008

We're Home!

Ahhh, it's nice to be home and sleep in our own beds - but we had a GREAT week away shopping, visiting and enjoying a change of scenery.
Saturday/Sunday AM we visited my grandparents and a few of my aunts & uncles & cousins. Brian was even able to get in some flying time at the aviation school.
Sunday at noon we headed to visit our friends Neil & Paige and all their kids. We had an awesome time with them and hope to visit them more often.

An intense game or memory with Mollen: (she's amazing at this game and neither Brian or I could beat her!) I look a little bored/sleepy in this pic but I wasn't - she kept us quite entertained!

Cute little Gage:

Brian trying out the mandolin - not too bad for a beginner!:

Paige's kids are amazing fiddlers. Mollen is playing the 'E-string' song:

The 2 oldest (Cairo & Sloan) serenading us:

Paige, a couple of her kids and I went to IKEA (which I really wanted to go to) and picked up some of the last things I needed (*wanted*) for the nursery. We stayed overnight then headed home after breakfast. On our way home we stopped for a Dr's appt (which was very positive - I'll write about it on baby's blog).
Now today I'm doing laundry, unpacking, organizing Christmas presents and some odd jobs. I need to do a bit of homework this afternoon too since I slacked off this last week.

2 comments:

paige said...

You don't look bored! That is a look of concentration on your face.
i still refuse to play with her. hehe.. naughty mommy.
i wish you guys lived closer.

kelly ens said...

glad you had a good time away, and got to find those last items for baby :)