December 29, 2008

Relaxing days

Ahhh, another relaxing morning. Brian didn't have to go into work today so we're hanging out at home. K slept great again last night so we're feeling pretty good. He has a bit of a stuffy nose so we're hoping it doesn't develop into something worse before or when we go out to BC this week.
K's bathed, fed and ready to go for the day....me, I'm still in my jammies...and might be for a while. It's only 9:15 - still have LOTS of time before it's down-right laziness! :)

Today I'm going to finish the laundry and pack. Our flight leaves at 5:15 pm tomorrow then we're hanging with the fam for a week! Pretty excited!
Yesterday was another relaxing/lazy day. (I think we're finally getting our Christmas relaxation in. Better late then never.) We skipped church (eeek! I don't know if I have ever done that before except for work!) and enjoyed some family time. Brian went to play some pond-hockey with a friend in the afternoon and I caught up on all my journalling. In the evening we rented a movie and even got to bed at a decent time!

On Christmas Day we did Kellan's foot and hand prints. It was quite an ordeal - especially since all I had was regular scrapbooking ink....non-washable of course. They turned out fairly well and I think all the ink has been scrubbed off now.


Today I'm also going to take K in to the health unit. We were supposed to go in for a 1-2 week checkup but because of Dr's vacations and Christmas clinic hours we weren't able to get in until after we get home next week. So, I just want to get him weighed to see how he's doing. We're both guessing around 9 - 9.5 lbs...guess we'll see.
Sorry all the pics are of Kellan. We're pretty boring these days compared to the little man.
K, off to take a shower and get going on the day.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Jen, you don't ever have to apologize of posting pictures of Kellan - we're all drinking him up over here!

He looks like such a big boy in his tummy-picture!! WOW!

And I bet he's far more than 9 1/2 pounds...he looks huge!! My guess is he's a 10-pounder. :)

Gotta jet! Have a fabulous trip!!

Melissa said...

BTW, no, we don't know what we're having (I need your new e-mail address, apparently - the last e-mail I sent you bounced back!...or I'd have just e-mailed you an answer there!). We suspect a girlie, mostly because about a year ago, we got home from a date and our babysitter informed us that at bedtime, Joshua prayed for a baby sister (totally unprompted by the sitter). And yes, with being more nauseous, we're wondering... ouchier, not much more, actually - just lately I've been in more pain. I was in a LOT more a LOT earlier with the boys, but wasn't exercising as diligently as I am this time around...and at that, the last two weeks have pretty much gone out the window, making me think that it really IS the exercise helping with the pain.
Anyway...

kelly ens said...

agreed - no need to apologize for all pics of baby K - he's SOOOOO cute!
we look forward to seeing you guys! I know i say that all the time, but really - we are looking forward to it!
HOW did you do his hand prints? I tried with Taeya, but she always put her hands in a fist before it reached the paper, so it was always smudged, and i never tried with Ezra.

jessica jespersen said...

Beautiful boy Jen... I'm curious about the handprints too!-j

paige said...

JEN, i miss you. Come back to blogland!!!