December 14, 2008

Still Waiting...

Today was a nice relaxing day. Well, actually the last few days have been pretty relaxing. This morning we didn't exactly sleep in but we definately didn't move to quickly. We drank coffee, chatted, played on the computer, etc... Last Sunday we were quite tired of the many people asking us if we'd had our baby (I guess my huge belly didn't quite give it away), or why we hadn't had it yet. So, we decided that we would skip church and have a break from the questions. Amazing how tiring that is - you can only put on a fake smile so many times :)

After lunch we bundled up and headed out for a -30 walk uptown. Yikes!!! Didn't enjoy the wind in our face on the way back - but it was nice to get some fresh (or should I say frozen air) and also some exercise. Even if it didn't spur me into labor.

Tonight was the Christmas concert at our church so we decided to go to that. It was really good and the kids were pretty cute! We were bombarded with the questions and comments but it was needed to get out of the house.

Not sure what tomorrow brings - but hopefully a baby!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brrr...it sure is cold out west! Hopefully you will have a warm bundle in your arms soon!

paige said...

Jen, i can tell just by looking at these pics that i love your in laws. Look how relaxed they are!!!! You guys look so peaceful in that pic. i am glad they're there to support you guys (& it will be such a memory that they got to be here for the birth). My il's were at the hospital when Cai was born & heard her first cries down the hall :) hehe. (& probably many cries from me too!!! *blush*.

jessica jespersen said...

now that you posted this you will probably go into labour. The last week is in some ways the least fun and the most fun all rolled up into one. tears and cheers to you and yours as you walk into yet another chapter in your family life. HUGS!--j

rachel joy said...

ah, I so know what you mean! I still think your baby will come before mine, so I keep checking to see if anything's happening for you. Thinking of you as I play my own waiting game.

kelly ens said...

congrats you guys!!! can't wait to see pictures of your new bundle :) what a time to celebrate! we love you!

The Browning Family said...

I keep praying for your labor and delivery and checking often to see if you have had your little one. Just enjoy this peaceful time and rest.
Blessings -
Charrissa

Lori-Dawn said...

Congrats on your new baby boy!!!
Can't wait to see a picture!!
You just knew you'd have him the day after posting this didn't you!! lol
Blessings!

Lola said...

I hope things are well. From the last comment, I gather you had a boy! I pray things are wonderfully calm and relaxing as you bond with your new baby.