Friday night we relaxed and hung out together. After supper we went for a brisk walk in the chilly air to look at Christmas lights. As we were walking we noticed there was a whole bunch of lights driving toward us on the road....it just happened to be the town's Christmas parade! We don't get the community newspaper and ever since I stopped working I haven't been up on town happenings so glad we didn't miss it! After our walk (which didn't spur on labour) we rented a movie and cuddled (or whatever you call 'cuddling with a large belly and no room to breathe).
Saturday we slept in! Ahhh, felt so good! I haven't been sleeping too great so I was blessed with a glorious sleep! We spent the morning in our pajamas chillaxin' on the couch. We're thinking this will be our last weekend alone together so we were living it up! (Brian's parents come this Wednesday so even if there is no baby we won't be alone next weekend.) After we finally got our butts in gear we headed uptown where there was a town craft fair. We didn't buy anything but it was fun to walk around and look at all the yummy baking, Christmasy things and everyones fun crafts. The rest of the afternoon we did some odd jobs and made hot wings (thought we had a reason to celebrate...not too sure what that was tho ;) ) That evening a suprise bday party was being thrown for a neighbor so we headed over there for a few hours.
Sunday we again slept in (woohoo!) and after church we went to my parents for the day. My brother W and his wife were home for a couple days so we enjoyed the day with the family!
Cute story - my neice was waving at everyone as we were sitting in the living room (not sure if she wanted us to leave or if she was headed somewhere) but I was trying to get her to pat the 'baby'. She wanted to *see* the baby so was trying to lift up my shirt. Without success she left. A minute later she came running back into the living room, arms open wide and gave my belly a big hug!!! It was SOOO sweet! (Amazingly I caught the arms open wide part on camera!):
An update on our friends and their adoption process: Saturday night they met with their adoption agency and heard the parents story and accepted to be the parents! So, on Wednesday they are going to meet the mom, and possibly the dad, and they will decide if they want to go ahead with C & M as the parents! The mom is overdue so they could be coming home with a newborn very soon! Please pray for their excitement and also for their hearts to be guarded as things may not 'work out'. I'm so excited for them. We've been grieving together the past year and watching them continue to grieve while we are growing through another pregnancy was difficult. So, we hope & pray that they will also have full arms & hearts this Christmas!
1 comment:
One of these times, I will check your blog and there will be the announcement about the birth!! It does eventually happen! 13 years ago I was waiting any day for my baby to be born - he was due Dec 10th or 12th and he finally made his appearance on Dec 19th. He was the most precious Christmas present I have ever received. It makes for a very memorable Christmas. My advise would be to not "over do" with the Christmas visiting. You may think you feel fine, but by evenings - you crash! Best wishes in the coming days!!
Post a Comment