February 03, 2009

Early morning thoughts

It's almost 6 am...should I try and go back to sleep for another hour?...
Nah! Probably won't fall asleep until 6:30 anyways.

Our doctors appt yesterday was really good. K is 11 lbs 4 oz. 75% for height and 50% for weight. Everything healthy!
When I was in the waiting room another family came in that had a 6 week old. He was crying and fussing and I thought to myself - "man I'm spoiled!" Kellan just slept in the carseat and didn't make a noise.
My Dr. wrote me up a prescription for birth control...we're struggling with where we sit on that topic. I didn't fill the Rx yet.
A mom and her 4 kids were also in the waiting room. I was watching her and was thinking lots about kids: How many? Can I handle being that busy? (I'm kinda lazy sometimes):) How many does God want me to have? How do I just give this over to God and let Him give me kids as He wants?...as if I can control God...
Children are a blessing from the Lord...so why do we try to avoid them or limit ourselves to only 2 or 3?
Lots of thoughts...
As you can tell my thoughts are random. Have to work through them today.

I ordered some more diapers last week - hope they are in the mail today! I got 7 more so I'll have enough for 2 days. Why does this excite me so? :)
Last night I was folding laundry and saved the folding and stuffing of the diapers for last...I quite look forward to that! (call me crazy...)

My Mom is coming today for a visit and to let me run uptown to do errands.
I'm in a wedding this May and the other 2 bridesmaids all do the tanning thing - so I might go tan a bit too. Don't want to be the white pastey bridesmaid.... :S

It's supposed to be super nice again today - hope I can try out my new gift I was talking about yesterday!
I'll take a picture I promise!

My newest thing is the read the whole bible through....I've never done that.

All these random thoughts are making me sleepy - gonna go have a nap until the alarm goes off.

6 comments:

kelly ens said...

way to go Kellan! Great percentages :)
i understand leaving the diaper folding until last. Even though we don't do cloth diapers, I usually leave my 'favorite' folding items until last. Glad i'm not the only one like that :)
I tanned for our wedding (partly not to be pasty white, partly so i wouldn't burn to a crisp in the DR), and i loved it. I can see why people get addicted. It's so relaxing and warm. hmmm...maybe i should find a 'reason' to tan. haha!
PS. Agreed about being torn on birth control. Not quite sure what I want to do yet either. Well, once I'm done nursing, I mean. Since the light pill didn't work for me.

Anonymous said...

"Natural Family Planning" is quite popular with some of the young couples at our church. It is all I ever used after my first child. We had 3 children, and that seems like a perfect family for us. (Took 8 years to decide whether or not we were going to try for our 3rd!) Yes, children are a blessing and gift from the Lord, but I don't think that means we can't do some planning too. No wonder you couldn't sleep with all these thoughts going through your head!!

Jon and Sarah said...

I understand about the birth control thing. As far as the pill goes, the kinds that are progesterone only will allow fertilization of the egg, just not implantation...not good. The other kind can affect your milk supply. We are using a fertility microscope to tell when I'm fertile. (My cycles are so irregular, so I can't just count days.) We want more children, but just aren't sure about now while Jon is still in the middle of school.
Have fun tanning! I found it so relaxing! :-)

Anonymous said...

Heard recently about a young mother who died from a blood clot that was a complication of taking the pill. Very sad. I'd consider other methods if I were you....

The Browning Family said...

Hmmm . . .I read your post, and although we don't know one another I thought I would share just a snippet of our testimony. I say our because truly the decision is for you and your hubby to make.
We had 3 boys and decided at that point to be done. I knew deep within that I would always yearn for a little girl, but also knew that the truth was we would probably just have more boys. Phillip was bound and determined for the vasectomy - and so was I (the pill, etc. was not an option for me given that the egg was already fertilized, etc.) We were about to schedule the appt. when he asked me this: "What if you see a baby? Will you want another, and if you will - I won't be able to give that to you." I answered that I would ofcourse always gush over babies - that was a woman's nature. So we delayed a bit more. Then we sought out scripture, and godly advice. Simply put - we came to the conclusion that children are called blessings in the bible. How many times do you refuse blessings? Also we felt if you are to trust your wallet to Christ, how much more your womb? Anyhow - we made this decision and within two months I was expecting . . . 9 months later it was announced that it was a girl! You can imagine the joy we both felt. I won't say this decision has been easy - that I don't get many crazy comments or raised eyebrows, but for us it is a matter of pure conviction. .. knowing that Christ is the perfect planner - not me.
Whatever your decision, I hope that this was a help.
Charrissa

Dor said...

I think it's great you and Brian are thinking about having more than the standard 1.0. We don't know how many kids we're going to have as we've decided to take as many as God will give us. I know that's a less than popular idea, one that will come with more work and effort than we realize at this time but we trust the blessings involved will be more than can be numbered.