October 30, 2009

Together in Agony

I got both flu shots yesterday and last night I was a mess. Aches & chills. Not cool.
Brian played floor hockey yesterday evening and pulled a muscle in his leg. Not cool.
Last night before we went to bed we were both lying on our bed feeling sorry for ourselves.
I was wrapped in a blanket in the fetal position rocking myself so the soreness wouldn't be so bad and to try to warm myself up.
Brian was stretching and massaging his leg trying to find relief.
Both of us trying to out complain the other. I think I won ;)
At least Kellan didn't find something to complain about - he slept like a baby.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Yikes, that's terrible! I hope you feel better soon.

I'm surprised they gave both of them to you at the same time. I didn't think that was kosher. They are telling/recommending here at the hospital that we wait 3 weeks between the seasonal flu and the H1N1.....but I'm really not sure how many are adhering to that. Though, I guess wouldn't be surprised if people were getting both of them at the same time to make it easier and get it over with.

I'm glad you got if AFTER your b-day so it didn't ruin it for you.

Take it easy! BTW, congrats on your new niece.

Melissa said...

In Sherwood Park, they are doing both at the same time; at least that's what I'm hearing.

I hope you feel better really soon... that sounds miserable! And yes, you would win on the complaining front. We women know how to turn it on when we need to! :)

Melissa said...

They are not doing both any more... just the H1N1. They changed it after the first or 2nd day.

Lola said...

Hope your better now! thanks for all the pregnancy congrats. I'm excited but so so so sick. ick. It was never like this with the other ones.