December 04, 2009

Counting Down

4 days until we fly to the west coast! Woohoo!

Yesterday my Mom and I took a little trip to the city. She had a few more Christmas gifts to get and I had a few things on my list so we made a day of it. Kellan was amazing! He slept maybe an hour on the way up and was a happy dude way past his next nap time. We rented one of those little kiddie shopping carts where they sit in the car and he LOVED it!

This past week I've been busy it seems. Don't ask me what I did cause I don't really remember but my house is a mess and it seems like we haven't been in our 'normal' lately.


This weekend is busy too. Tomorrow is the town's Christmas craft Fair then in the evening is our church's Christmas Banquet. Sunday we are leading wosrhip at church which means an early morning practice. Monday I'm doing laundry and packing then Tuesday we leave!!!
BAH! So excited!

So, somewhere in there I have to clean the house & getting everything ready for Kellan's birthday party - which is the day after we get home, make the food I'm bringing for the supper on Saturday...I guess that's it. Just the cleaning the house is the daunting task.
I was going to do a bit of that today but I think I'm going to go visit my s-i-l and neices instead! :)

I gave Kellan a haircut this morning. It was getting a bit shaggy. I was just going to trip around his ears and 'bangs' but things progressed and I ended up just buzzing the whole thing - not super short tho.
These are the 1/2 way through the haircut pics - before I got out the clippers:

A bit blurry, but I couldn't resist:

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Awwwwww.....

Carol said...

Have a great visit on the West Coast!

Elizabeth said...

Haha, love the pictures, especially the last one! :)

Lori-Dawn said...

LOL, looks like someone didn't mind his haircut at all!!! lol

kelly ens said...

can't wait to see you guys!!!!! :)

paige said...

He's starting to look SO much like his daddy, Jen!!
You always seem to have your plans all together. i could learn a lot from you!

Jen said...

Too cute! I especially like the pic of the two of you at the beginning!

Things *always* seem busy since Z turned one... I don't know if it's cause he's faster or I'm slower... but it's worth it! At the end of the day, when I sit surrounded by dishes and a pile of unfolded laundry, I know we've had a truly fun day!

Have a great trip West! The weather has been beautiful the last few days and we are loving it!