December 18, 2009

Kellan is ONE!

On Tuesday it was Kellan's first birthday! Wow. Can't believe that year is already over - one of the best years ever!

We started out the big day with intentions of waking Kellan up with presents and singing "Happy Birthday" - which is a tradition from when Brian grew up. Well, Kellan I guess was too excited about his birthday that he woke up before we did. So, I brought him into our bed instead where he opened his presents from us.


K with a breakfast birthday call from Auntie Corrie:

We had just gotten home from BC the night before so Brian decided to stay home, relax and help me clean up and prep for K's party in the evening.
Brian came up with the puppy theme for the party and I tried my hand at the cake. It turned out as good as I had hoped and better then expected!

We thought we throw a big party for him inviting all the people who have been 'journeying' with us over the past couple years - the ones who could drive to our house in under 1/2 hour anyways. It was a packed house (22 people I think) but it was fun!



Having his birthday so close to Christmas we were quite overwhelmed with the gifts that he got. We'll probably do a little re-evaluating of the gifts in future years.
He did however get some great toys and clothes and are very thankful for everyone's generosity! Kellan's loving the new toys too!

I weighed Kellan this morning and he's a slim 18 lbs 10 oz (about the 4th percentile). Only up 6 oz. from 2 months ago. This past week he's had the runs and a bit of a flu so I'm sure that has stolen a few ounces from him. We measured him too and he's 29 inches.
Last blanket picture!!!

Can't believe this was a year ago...

You've brought so much joy into our lives little 'big' boy. Wish you could grow up with your big brother but I look forward to the day when you two can finally meet.
I love being your momma - thanks for giving me that privelege!

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

so fantastic! what a great looking party. the cake looks amazing! :)

Carol said...

Good job with the cake. Looks like a Kellan's first birthday party was lots of fun!

Jen said...

Amazing job on the cake! What a little blessing you have!