February 16, 2010

Valentines Day

So, this year we decided to boycott Valentines Day.
Not because we don't love each other or because we don't want to take every opportunity to show each other how much we care.....but just because we don't like the commercialism of it.
I was working that day so we wouldn't have been able to make a big deal out of it anyways.
When I got home we cuddled up on the couch to watch the Olympics. I brought our laptop downstairs and was just going to check my e-mails. I saw one that had an attachment so I opened it up. It was a online Valentines Day scrapbooked card from Brian. It had a cute note from him and pictures of us on it.
What a cheater.
He said he still technically didn't break the rules because he didn't spend any money on it.
What a guy. I love him.

We probably won't boycott Valentines Day very much in the future - especially when we can make it fun for our kids. But I think we'll carry on the tradition of not 'buying in' to it.