I have a killer back ache from a busy day yesterday, but I'm going to try not to complain.
Pregnancy does a number on one's body and many times the aches and pains over ride the excitement and miracle of the new little life growing within.
Ever since we lost Brennan, complaining has bothered me. I have definately voiced my fair share of complaints, but listening to another mother complaining that her newborn wakes up to feed every 2 hours or that she is so sore and tired from being pregnant and wishes that the baby would come 3 weeks early....really erks me. Sometimes I just want to say, "Well, at least you have a baby to hold and nurse or a healthy life still growing within you!...."
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to point fingers or say I never complain about my kid or my aching body (because I do A LOT), but I've just been convicted and given a challenge to do my best not to. This isn't about me complaining about complaining mothers, this is about God working on my heart and me trying to change. It's not you...it's me...
Now, to say that I will never again complain about a sleepless night, or my paining hips, or when a child dumps the entire jug of milk on the floor would definately be a lie and a promise that would be broken very quickly. But, I want to try my hardest for the next 4 months to rejoice and be thankful of this growing baby whenever my aches & pains are clouding my day.
Now, I'm going to go lay down with a heating pad and maybe book a massage....if you catch my drift ;)
5 comments:
Can't agree more about the complaining thing! After losing 4 babies ourselves in the early stages, I take all the aches and pains of pregnancy with thanksgiving. Sure, there are some rough days but a baby is so worth it. I love your attitude! ;-) And I hope you are able to relax and feel better soon!
I feel there is a difference between complaining and "stating the facts"!!
You have a sore back and you deserve a little sympathy! Hope it feels better soon!
sounds like a pretty good attitude! Hope your heating pad and massage help :)
Don't you love those revelations? It's all about perspective, Jen. I hope you are feeling better really soon!! Do you have a swimming pool nearby? Swimming *saved* me in my pregnancy with Meaghan, not to mention saved me a lot of money because I didn't have to visit the chiropractor as often as I did with the boys!!
I agree with Carol, I think stating a fact that your baby is up every 2 hours to eat is different than complaining you never get enough sleep. Being a mother myself, I hope that people don't misinterpret what I say and consider it complaining, rather than when being asked how long Macy sleeps at night, stating that she is up every 2 hours. I know as well that I myself wished my baby would come 3 weeks early when I was pregnant, but it wasn't a complaint, simply an excitement to meet my child that was growing within me, and being 2 weeks overdue (which not everyone has experienced :)) I can relate to having a sore back! I like Sheryl Crow's song that says "it ain't the picture its just the part, everybody's got a story that could break your heart." I try to always remember that everyone has had a different life experience, and sometimes we can't relate exactly. I love being a mom, and I would hate to be thought of as a complainer, because I do feel very blessed!
Post a Comment