My maternity leave with Kellan actually ended up kicking me a bit in the butt with Income tax. With our farming income they split it evenly between Brian and I so my income was higher and I ended up having to pay....quite a bit :( BOO! It will probably be a similar situation next year but at least we will be a bit more prepared.
So, since that's on hold, I'm hoping we can get a fence built this spring/summer. With Kellan being quite the mover and our backyard quite open (with the neighbours too) we would like to corral him a bit more. Especially when he will be moving quicker then me when July/August rolls around.
I'm also on the lookout for some outside toys. I would love to get him a water table, a little pool, and other fun little boy toys. Our town wide garage sale is coming up pretty soon so I hope to score a few deals there.
When we went to the city last week we stopped at IKEA for supper and some shopping. We've been looking at getting a TV storage unit so we thought this would be a good opportunity. We found a beautiful one on sale so we picked it up. Our main reason for getting one was to keep little fingers out/off of the DVD player, etc. so this one should do the trick. Plus it has drawers on the bottom to store all of our DVD's so that's an added bonus.
Today Kellan and I are going to my neices 3rd birthday party! Should be a fun time with all the kids, cake and presents.Yesterday we had Easter dinner with my family at my parents. My Mom always does and amazing job throwing on a feast - and as usual we were not disappointed!
Well, that's our update for now.
Thanks for all the comments/encouragement on my last post :) I didn't mean to give out such a guilt trip (heehee!) - but it may have put me more in a blogging mood.
3 comments:
so nice that you get to have all of july off :) but what a major bummer about your income tax :(
a fenced yard is a major bonus, so hopefully you'll get to do that this summer.
I like that tv cabinet...so nice to have all the equipment hidden from curious fingers!
Nice T.V cabinet! You may be glad not to be in the middle of major renovations this summer - It is very stressful especially if your kitchen is affected. Now you will be able to relax and enjoy your month off before the new baby arrives!
Nice T.V cabinet! You may be glad not to be in the middle of major renovations this summer - It is very stressful especially if your kitchen is affected. Now you will be able to relax and enjoy your month off before the new baby arrives!
Post a Comment