May 19, 2010

It's getting there

The beautification of our yard that is.

Not sure if I've mentioned this....but I love our yard. If our house was just a teeny bit bigger I would want to stay here forever - oh, and if the town passed a bylaw for people to have chickens in their yard...
But then again, who says you can't have 20 kids in a 3 bedroom house?
And yes, 20 might be an exaggeration :)

K, back to the yard...
The tulips are finally starting to bloom, the weeds are in full glory and most of the trees have their leaves. I've weeded and cleaned up almost everywhere and we will have pots full of pretty flowers by the weekend. AND, if everything goes as planned, the veggies will be in the garden by then too.
Thanks to our wonderful neighbors for our nicely tilled dirt. We just have a little push roto-tiller that works great throughout the season but it's nice when the big tractors can come in and really dig it up.

In the works:

Tomorrow my Mom and I are planning a plant buying date at Walmart. I've got my list all ready for the seeds and flowers I need to pick up and some other extras for our yard.

So, it's been super hot the past couple days. I'm not a heat lover and I'm thinking with my extra furnace inside - it's going to be a long summer. I wasn't productive yesterday until after Kellan was in bed, but I've got a quite a few things done this morning already since it's only 23 outside today.

Brian went out on 2 fire calls in less then 24 hours on those super hot days. (Not sure if I mentioned before, but Brian joined the volunteer fire & rescue dept this spring). Holding a heavy water hose a few feet away from a roaring fire wearing a ton of gear on a 30 degrees day isn't something I'd like to do too often :)

Yesterday I got a trim. Or at least that's what I went in for. My regular hair dresser is due in a few weeks and is done work so I was on the hunt for a new girl. I guess I didn't stress enough that I wanted to keep the length and just get some more layers in.... It's not what I wanted but it's growing on me and I think it will be fun in the summer. It at least has style now and ANYTHING would have been better then the split-end mess I had before! And I know it's a better length for me it's just hard to let go of the dream of having really long hair. Maybe next time I'll get extensions...

Oh, we're at T minus 80 days today!

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

i can see why you love your yard. your garden is HUGE! Wowzers.
i like your hair - i think it looks cute!
neat that brian's volunteering that way :)

Garth and Becky said...

Your yard looks great! Good job!

Anonymous said...

so I replied to you about the diapers on my own site...thought it would reply to yours when I hit reply (I'm to new to the whole blog world)
Marissa