May 24, 2010

Not too exciting weekend things

We had a nice relaxing weekend. And by relaxing I mean we did nothing productive. Altho, in my books - spending some quiet time together, just the 3 of us, is pretty productive :)
Actually, we did get the garden planted on Saturday morning, but to us that is considered fun.
Brian was shut down in the fields Friday & Sat because of rain, so it was a nice break from the busy. He should get everything finished up tomorrow tho, so slower days are ahead!
We are planning to go camping this coming weekend at a small local lake so we are pretty excited about that. The forecast doesn't look great but that's ok too. We like each other enough to be stuck in a camper for a day or two...
My Mom and I went plant shopping on Thursday after a dentist apptointment that I had. [Apparently you *lose* a tooth with each pregnancy from the baby stealing all your calcium, so he had to fill in a hole in one of my teeth.]
Anyways, we both did really well. I got a number of flowers for pots and 4 shrubs for the flower garden. Mom came home with about triple the amount I did - but she has quite the amazing (and big) flower garden that she does up beautifully. Hopefully I was blessed with a little bit of her green-thumb ;)
Today I've been puttering in the garden off & on (when Kellan lets me) and it's starting to look pretty good. Or at least I have hope it will...
I haven't planted many flowers yet, just because of a frost warning for the next couple of nights. Maybe the end of the week or early next.
Sorry for the pretty boring post. Don't even have any pictures to make it exciting :(

No comments: