Baby is HEALTHY AND GROWING WELL!
Yesterday was yet another Dr's appt.
BP check good. Weight check good. Fundal height good. Baby's position good. Heart rate...."what was that?" I ask.
"I don't know. I've never heard that before - it sounded like baby's heart beat skipped a bit."
He repositions the doppler and checks again.....no skips.
"I'm sure it's nothing but I'm going to send you for another ultrasound just to make sure. And because of your history, I think I 'owe' it to you."
(And FYI he doesn't 'owe' us anything. Brennan's short life was God's plan not a mistake by the Dr..... I hope he doesn't think it was his fault...)
This afternoon I went for the ultrasound. It was a more indepth one that checks out the baby's heart closely.
The ultrasound tech was a chatty middle aged lady who clearly loved her job. She explained everything she was doing and let me watch the screen. She checked a few things first then went to the heart. A beautiful smooth & rythmic flutter on the screen. No abnormalities seen.
Big sigh of relief.
She finished all the other measurements then let me gaze at that chubby little face...
5 comments:
So lovely....
i like you.
your baby is awfully cute...
cute. plain and simple.
"He's" so cute!
I had the exact same thing happen with first daughter. My doctor was checking her heart rate and she said it skipped a beat. I was sent right to the hospital and had an ultrasound and for the next 6 weeks...and they were all fine and she is perfectly healthy!! I think I have commented before, but just so you know I'm a blogging friends of Kelly's:)
Post a Comment