July 23, 2010

The pink shirt & 38

38 weeks. Really?!!
I'm always so excited when friends get so close to their due date - but to actually be there myself is....huh, I'm not sure if I can describe it in one word.
An array of emotions & feelings & thoughts...
But *EXCITED* pretty much tops the list! :)

This is my pink shirt. My favorite maternity shirt. It's so stretchy & comfy & just plain great. I haven't worn it a ton this pregnancy because it's summer and it's starting to wear out but it has lots of meaning in it for me.
To me it's my Brennan shirt - only because I'm wearing it in my last belly shot with him. Funny how little things can become 'big' things to people. Or maybe I'm just weird like that.

It's also the shirt I wore to the hospital when I went into labour with Kellan....which I'll probably wear again this time.


Yesterday I added 4 more small casseroles to the freezer, weeded part of the flower garden (can't have weeds when there is a baby coming!!!) and washed my kitchen floor on my hands and knees (my Grandma would be so proud!)
It's like my blogger friend said: "Jen, you DEFINE nesting!"
Hehe! Thanks Kendall - that is (crazily) a compliment! ;)

3 comments:

Mrs Manz said...

LOL! I could see it all except for the washing on your hands and knees part. Crazy-funny, Jen! You could probably have strapped a sponge on the belly and Baby could have helped... :-D

Carol said...

I have never washed my kitchen floor on my hands and knees, let alone doing it when 8.5 months pregnant!

Lori-Dawn said...

ROFL, it's the best way to wash a floor...and I totally hear ya, that's definitely nesting! HAHA, that's what I was doing when I was 36 wks pregnant with my last one...but it was because I was moving not nesting...HAHA I was so exhausted from moving that nesting never happened and my 9lb baby was born at 38 wks! hee hee
I love your updates Jen! Also your energy! I'm moving again this weekend and will be joining you on my hands and knees! Bless you and babe!