September 21, 2010

Tuesday's update

I haven't been in much of a blogging mode lately. Not that I don't have any free time (yep, got spoiled with another easy-going/happy baby), I would just rather read blogs then write them. And because I'm doing a lot of sitting around lately nursing a little baby girl, I don't feel like sitting some more. I would blog while I nurse but it's WAY easier & comfier if I use 2 hands/arms - which is also why I haven't been commenting much on your blogs, so sorry about that.

Alright, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'll blog a riveting update of our life as of late complete with more pictures of our insanely cute kids...it's ok if you don't think they are as cute as I do...


- my kitchen and living room are a gong show at the moment but my basement is spick & span thanks to a burst of cleaning energy this morning.

- us girls went to the city yesterday to do some shopping. I just about died from exhaustion but we had a good day


- so thankful for the generosity of our friends & family. We've been eating so good lately and we have one spoiled (and well dressed) little girl!

- a dream of Brian's is coming to life. Music is a huge part of his life and he's been wanting to start a worship/music night here in our town. This past month God has brought some amazing musicians and singers to Brian and we're really excited about this group! I am (hopefully) going to be playing the keyboard which will be a bit stretching for me. I'm used to playing lead & chording in church so I'll have to pull out my creativeness and learn how to play the 'fill'. We've had one practice so far and it went SO well. The actual music nights probably won't start until after the new year but we'll be working on getting really tight as a group and in our music. It's awesome seeing Brian in his element and his amazing gifts being used more.


- Kalli is almost 6 weeks old! BAH! Here's her 1 month pic:

I cut Kellan's hair the other evening. Looking ahead to toque weather I was envision a permanent rats nest so it had to go.

We've had 2 days of harvest weather but the last couple it's been back to rain. Thankfully the weather for the next week looks warm and sunny so harvest should really kick into high gear soon. I think.


- and on a depressing note...I found my first grey hair!!!! AHHHHH!!! That was a HARD one to swallow. I didn't cry...but I was close.
Sigh.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Kalli is adorable and what a cute little jumper she is wearing in some of the photos. Kellen looks like a pretty nice big brother.

Lola said...

You look soooo good! Way to go you. And your kids are adorable.

Jen said...

"Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life."
~ Proverbs 16:31 NLT

*AND* I think your kids are adorable!

kelly ens said...

um, your kids are SUPER cute, no question about it.
yeah, that grey hair thing bites, eh? i had a handful (like 7 or 8), but just pulled them out. so far, so good, and that was a year ago.

Melissa said...

No crown of glory for me here yet... :(

Kalli is super-sweet, and Kellan is getting to be SOOOO big!! Does he always sit really well for his haircuts?

So exciting about Brian's (and your) music!! That's fantastic! I love it when God allows dreams to come to fruition.

Shari said...

Your kids are gorgeous Jen!! The grey hair is really not that important...take it from an expert who has had them for years and getting more all the time. The music is totally up your guys' alley and sometime when you are playing and I'm in the area, I will come and listen and worship with you!!!

paige said...

j!!! Your girl has the *chubs* eh?? heehee. Love that. & i think of you EVERY DAY when i brush my hair 'cause you always get crazy baby hair & mine is nutso.