November 22, 2010

Growing up

I feel like we are leaping into the next stage of parenting.
The past 2 years Kellan has slowly grown, changed & developed - kinda without us noticing, but lately it seems like we have jumped into a whole new realm.
I'm not sure if it's the new 'big boy' hair cut, or the talk of his upcoming birthday or the fact that '2' is right around the corner.


Or it could be that he is warming up to the idea of potty training (which will hopefully commence in the new year - not gonna push things tho) and the plans to make room for a toddler bed.


But I am definately learning a lot these days. I'm finding new tricks and trying to be more creative in discipline. It's a huge learning process, but we are sure having fun!
One thing for sure is that providing the physical needs for a child is WAY easier then the emotional/psycological needs. I mean, giving hugs and kisses and love is easy to do, it's just the figuring out how to best raise & discipline my child/children...

This little girl is also growing up so fast! This past weekend we moved her into Kellan's room, and they have both adjusted very well!
She's sleeping about 8 hours at night, so depending on when I feed her in the evening I usually don't have to get up more than once - and sometimes not at all!
Last night it was 9.5 hours so I felt pretty spoiled!


Brian also build shelves in the kids' closet the other day so it's nice to have more storage and have the ability to actually hang clothes up!
Not that you can really see what's going on in the picture...it's an L shaped closet so hard to get a good pic:

This -20 & -30 weather is kicking my butt this year! I'm having a hard time adjusting to it! We haven't left our cozy little house in the past few days so I'm looking forward to a walk whenever it warms up! BRRR!
Ever since I had Kalli I feel colder ESPECIALLY my feet!!! Weird...

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

let me tell you...it's the big-boy haircut and style :)
SO cute!

Carol said...

He does look like a big boy with his hair spiked up! So cute!