November 15, 2010

Pure Bliss

I snuck away from the sleeping babies 'crib', passed the little boys room where I could hear him sucking his fingers so I knew sleep was upon him, and I quietly closed my door to crawl into my own bed. Just as the sleep fairies were taking me away I heard a little whimper from the living room. I let out my own whimper as I snuggled in deeper hoping it was just my imagination.
Nope.
With a sigh I got out of bed to tend to the wee one. 5 minutes later, and to my great joy, she had nursed herself to a deep sleep. I'm not one to nurse my babies to sleep but when a nap is one the line - I will!
And 1.5 glorious hours later I wake from my slumber with 2 sweet darlings still lost in dreamland.
Ahhhh....Somedays naps are the true meaning of bliss.....

6 comments:

Carol said...

I can totally relate!

Melissa said...

Oh man, I am with Carol on this one... some days, whatever it takes, hey? Way to go!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I am too tired to even leave a proper comment!

What I am trying to say is...

*jealous*!

With love of course!

Dor said...

Man I love me some naps.