Now, if you haven't read my last post, please do so now. I'll wait...........
Ok, so now you want a copy right?! Well, here is your chance!!!
To be entered into the draw, you must leave a comment on this post answering the following question:
Which woman/mother/friend has been the most inspiration & encouragement to you in your life? And tell me why.
If you have already bought, read (or written :) this book, I want to hear your answers too!!
The winners name will be randomly drawn out of a hat and announced sometime next week!
I look forward to all your comments/answers!
15 comments:
i'm not gonna put one for *the most* or anything like that, but i'll share a *current* inspiration... i don't know this girl, but a friend sent me a link to her blog & it has been inspiring me this past week.
http://lauraluyt.blogspot.com/
ps. *you* inspire me, j.
That hands down is my friend Katherine. Upright and encouraging. We see very little of each other but she's a gem.
I hope I win :)
And that is a pretty inspiring blog Paige.
It's hard to say a most inspirational, b/c there have been at least 5 and I couldn't choose between them. The one that led me to the Lord though, and the one that has allowed me to have the freedom to seek my Father for what He says about me, has for me, and wants to do through me, is my stepmother Dana. I don't know where I'd be without her, certainly not in a position to choose between the 5 Godly woman who have so greatly inspired me!
Definitely my grandmother. She was the most graceful woman I have ever known & I miss her like crazy! (cue tears... now!)
I peek at Paige's blog every now & again & I am looking forward to reading her book... although I'll put off my purchase in case I am luckier than I think ;)
Happy early Mother's Day Jen!
The most encouraging friend is my BFF. Her name is Leanne, she is warm, compassionate, wise and no matter what is going on in her life she always has time for a quick HI!
She taught me how to hear God's voice, how to feel deep and how to know push myself towards my Father. She is my inspiration.
This is fun Jen!! I like this blogging business..:) Having spent time in the NICU recently i met a lot of mom's who had spent weeks, even months visiting their little ones and having to leave them every night, facing health problems and uncertainty. The strength and faith they had was really encouraging to me and helped me through a tough couple weeks there.
The most inspiration in my life since I've been married has been my mother-in-law. Her years of experience in teaching and parenting has helped me a lot in issues that arise in our family. Even though she is halfway around the world, she is always willing to talk and be there for me. I tease my husband and tell him I married him for his family! :)
So... I've already purchased the book, but I have two amazing friends that I would totally give it to if I won! :) By the way - LOVED the book - ripped through it in about 1 1/2 days also. :)
My biggest inspiration? Oy vey. I'd have to say that there are several, but one of the biggest is a dear old saint that we call Mrs. K. She was my camp director who, along with her husband (who passed away about 12 years ago), continues to teach me about grace. I spent far too long avoiding her phone messages and such - TWICE - and both times she has received me back with open arms. Never condemnation, never shame... only love and grace and acceptance.
I haven't ever had a woman/or female friend in my life that has been super close or motivating. I'm close with my mom but in a 'different' kind of way. So I'm going to have to say my daughter has been my biggest inspiration thus far. She's only 3 but has changed me as a person more in 3 years than anyone else I know. Everyday I wake up and think of what kind of mother I need to be for her and that is all the motivation I need.
you don't have to enter me in the draw cause i have the book but the most inspirational woman in my life is....hand's down....my mother. hmmmm...i think i gotta write a blog post about this. it will take too long on here. :-) i've been blessed to have so many incredible women build into my life.
p.s. can i tell people about this giveaway on my blog or would you rather keep it to people you know?? and is there still time?
Fawne - I'dlove to read that blog post!
You can definately post about this giveaway!
my aunt Berdella. she was the kindest most giving lady i've ever known. she lives with Jesus now.
YIkes - there are several, but i'll just state the first one that came to mind...my mom! i'm thankful for the way our relationship has become a friendship in these years (not that we didn't get along before, but now we REALLY do), and how I can appreciate her parenting, now that I'm a mom :)
Post a Comment