May 03, 2011

Windy & rainy Tuesday...yes my life revolves around weather these days.

Yesterday was (mostly) a success. For starters, we got a majority Conservative government now! Wootwoot!
Voting had been on my mind all day. We went for a walk in the morning and when I got to the polling station I realized I had forgot my voting card! (which I found out I didn't need afterall...) So back home I went. Then I decided to wait until Brian came home and I wouldn't have to pack up the kids again. So, Brian came home, we did a bit of yard work then he told me to go vote. Just as I was pulling away, Brian came running out to the car and had to go on a fire call. No biggie - I'd just go when he got back.... 2 hours later at 7:15, Brian was not home. So, realizing I was running out of time, I made it to the polls with the kidlets in tow with 7 minutes to spare. Nice.
I'm sure I didn't need to vote, but in my own head I know I did my part.

The Weatherman was gracious to us and came through with the forecast. We took a leisurely stroll in the morning, and worked in the yard for a couple hours in the afternoon. The front lawn is neat & tidy and 1/2 of the flower beds are prepped.


The kids were a wee bit underdressed and I did add a few layers, but it just felt good to pull out all the summer clothes...even if it is a bit premature.
The wind was a bit of a nuisance and I now have feet that are already in desperate need of a pedicure, but the sun and fresh air was good for the soul. Especially cuz today looks like a monster outside...

Potty training is having it's ups & downs.  Lots of downs at the moment :(  I've been doing lots of incentive work with only slight success and last night I even took away the overly loved puppy...which I don't think did anything - except make for a late night...and probably a grumpy day.  Darn.

2 Questions...
1) K, the first one is not a question, but I would love some potty training advice, tips & encouragement.
2) Now that he has had 1 night without puppy, do I give it back to him OR is this a good opportunity to take it away for good.  I don't mind him being attached to something, but he does suck his fingers when he has puppy, so I don't want to create a problem for later on.


Kalli girl has 3 teeth on the verge of popping through.  She's been eating up a storm and I feel like this phase has jumped on us instead of a gradual transition.  She LOVES food!  Grabbing at whatever we are eating and seems to never get enough.  Thankfully breastfeeding is still in full force - I think I am still grieving Kellan's early weaning and don't want a replay of last time.

4 comments:

Garth and Becky said...

Potty training is my least favorite thing to do. Sarah wasn't trained until her 3rd birthday, Benjamin was 3 1/2, and then Rachel decided to train herself at age 2!! Rachel was so easy because her older friends in the nursery were going to the bathroom and she wanted to go with them all the time. I don't have much advice other than just to keep encouraging it. In my mind, it will happen when it happens and if I try to push it, it just ends up taking longer...but each kid is different! :) Good luck!!!!

kelly ens said...

Taeya was easy, at just over 2. Boys take longer and Ezra is already proving that. So you're already ahead of us, that's for sure! We gave Taeya parties for her successes and tried to just encourage her when she had accidents. good luck - i will be SO glad when this is over :)

Dor said...

I've used the no bottoms method with pretty good success. Natalie was much easier than Amos but eventually they all get the hang of it. I've yet to start with Levi. Soon.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc

mamazee said...

Jen - i'm so not the expert on potty training - it just seems to click at some point, and then it's over... Mimi is three right now and still not potty trained - she's also BIG into "being the baby" (but all my children are!)...

Anyway, the sucking fingers thing - Anaia was my only thumb sucker and now she has "open bite" - the dentist was pretty scary last time so we got her nail polish and gloves to wear to bed. It's SLOWLY coming together (google some images! it can be pretty gross!), but i guess the thumb sucking wasn't as cute as i thought. Sigh (oh, i change my mind...yes it was so cute!!! but a pain now...)