July 21, 2011

Budgeting tips please!

So, if/when we finally settle down in our new job & place, we are looking at having a tighter budget.
We are pretty good with our money (I think!) and know how dangerous debt is, so spending within our means is very important to us.
But, I would love to hear your tips and tricks with budgeting, shopping and the like just so I have a little arsenal full of financial wisdom!
(And any cheap meals/recipes would be great too!)

3 comments:

Lori-Dawn said...

I love this topic!! Being self-employed we never have a steady income so it makes budgeting really hard...but check out mint.com, it is a VERY handy budgeting tool! With lots of tips as well as iphone apps, android apps etc so you can have the info handy while shopping! PLUS it's free!!!!

kelly ens said...

I am a big meal planner. I plan a week of meals and only grocery shop for what's on the menu :)

Anonymous said...

We have been really trying to be better with our budget and have analyzed all areas (all bills etc.). Our plan has been to cut our cable package, change our insurance ($600 savings/year) and meal plan for a month and buy all the non-perishable stuff on Customer Appreciation day when we get 15% off (not sure if you have a program like that or not). My husband is changing from disposables to an electric razor, funny, little things like that always make a big difference! I am always so impressed by how well you do with your children's clothes! Hope this helps!
Jenn