I felt it. That teeny tiny twinge that grew into a little ache in the heart.
Loneliness.
I shouldn't have flirted with it, but I let it linger a little too long on my door step and a few tears threatened to fall.
It was my first encounter with it since we've moved. And I guess I've settled in and my head has had time to get it's bearings.
THEN, my phone rang and I slammed the door in it's face.
It was him. The one who fills that void so well. He's been working long/late hours...
We didn't talk about anything important. I don't even really know what we talked about.
But it will do.
And when Loneliness knocks again, I will be sure to not even answer the door.
4 comments:
Part of moving, i suppose. praying you'll quickly find a community in your new city!
o, j... i totally get this post...
Hmmm.... yes....
Hugs,
M.
Remember, we're just a text away... praying for you. and thinking of you lots!
Post a Comment