Here's a little question for you....
What are your experiences with/without finding out the gender of your baby?
Do you like the surprise or do you like knowing?
we like the surprise but I don't think it's bad to find out. You already have boy and girl stuff so you should just be surprised :) I just assume I'm having a girl.
k, honestly... we've done both & i think i like knowing better than not knowing... THAT SAID, if God ever hands me a miracle & we get another babe, we will *not* be finding out. (This article is my reason why) - i would give up my "right" to know in a heartbeat if it meant that those little girls would be safer... & i would tell every single person who asked me why i chose not to find out the reason. :) (disclaimer: i know *me* finding out doesn't save *someone else's* baby, but it's on principle & it's a statement that i would be able to make). http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/01/16/canada-is-haven-for-parents-seeking-sex-selective-abortions-medical-journal/
hmm.. i never found out with either of our girls. Anna I just knew was a girl. Mackenzie I was really unsure. I will find out next time, God willing. I just think I never bonded much with Mackenzie those nine months, and I just want to be really prepared... although is that possible?!
I love the surprise...almost a reward for all that labor! :) But, Garth likes to know (it helps him feel more connected to the baby in the womb). Therefore, we've always found out, but one time we kept it a secret from everyone else until the baby arrived.
We've done both as well and I really liked knowing...maybe I'm a bit impatient, but I also liked being able to be prepared. Either way, the moment they arrive is amazing!
We have found out both times... first time by accident ("Did you want to know you are having a boy?") and second time I think because we did the first time. I do tend to think that a surprise is a surprise no matter when you receive it, but in some ways I wish we wouldn't have found out with Zach. Now with #3, I am undecided... I think it would be exciting to have a BIG moment at the delivery, but I "worry" about how I would handle (emotionally) the comments we could/would receive from others after the birth if it was a boy. (I'll be the first to admit I'm a little "delicate" those first few weeks after. I find people to be thoughtless in giving their opinions that they HOPE it's a girl... What does that even mean anyways?! God knows what our family needs and I genuinely am excited either way knowing that either gender would be a wonderful addition to our family.
10 comments:
we like the surprise but I don't think it's bad to find out. You already have boy and girl stuff so you should just be surprised :) I just assume I'm having a girl.
have always loved the surprise :)
k, honestly... we've done both & i think i like knowing better than not knowing... THAT SAID, if God ever hands me a miracle & we get another babe, we will *not* be finding out. (This article is my reason why) - i would give up my "right" to know in a heartbeat if it meant that those little girls would be safer... & i would tell every single person who asked me why i chose not to find out the reason. :) (disclaimer: i know *me* finding out doesn't save *someone else's* baby, but it's on principle & it's a statement that i would be able to make). http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/01/16/canada-is-haven-for-parents-seeking-sex-selective-abortions-medical-journal/
hmm.. i never found out with either of our girls. Anna I just knew was a girl. Mackenzie I was really unsure. I will find out next time, God willing. I just think I never bonded much with Mackenzie those nine months, and I just want to be really prepared... although is that possible?!
I love the surprise...almost a reward for all that labor! :) But, Garth likes to know (it helps him feel more connected to the baby in the womb). Therefore, we've always found out, but one time we kept it a secret from everyone else until the baby arrived.
We've done both as well and I really liked knowing...maybe I'm a bit impatient, but I also liked being able to be prepared. Either way, the moment they arrive is amazing!
That "unknown" comment was me....Cara:)
I personally like the surprise at birth. (Though, if you knew before, it would help with picking out a name)
We have found out both times... first time by accident ("Did you want to know you are having a boy?") and second time I think because we did the first time. I do tend to think that a surprise is a surprise no matter when you receive it, but in some ways I wish we wouldn't have found out with Zach. Now with #3, I am undecided... I think it would be exciting to have a BIG moment at the delivery, but I "worry" about how I would handle (emotionally) the comments we could/would receive from others after the birth if it was a boy. (I'll be the first to admit I'm a little "delicate" those first few weeks after. I find people to be thoughtless in giving their opinions that they HOPE it's a girl... What does that even mean anyways?! God knows what our family needs and I genuinely am excited either way knowing that either gender would be a wonderful addition to our family.
Anyways, either way - new life is exciting!
I never found out and I never wanted to. I always loved the surprise and wouldn't have changed it for anything.
Post a Comment