April 12, 2012

My bones ache, but I am happy as a clam.
Life has been so full lately.  I don't think I've been so busy in my whole entire life, but I wouldn't want it any other way!  Living in a big ol' house with lots of kids (k, well our house isn't really that old and we don't have that many kids...(yet)) but at this rate we'll get there ;)

House reno's (if you count painting, decorating and odd fix-it jobs, renos...) are coming along.  We painted and semi-set up the nursery this past week.  Then, since I wanted to set up the crib, we switched Kalli into a toddler bed and so far so good!  2 nights and 2 naps down without much of a struggle!  (being the little monkey that she is I thought it was going to be more of a headache!)
Now I think she wants to potty train.  I was kinda hoping she would wait until after baby, but I guess we'll pull out the potty and see what happens.  Kellan took forever, and regressed a few times, so I'm not too excited to start with Kalli.  But, I've heard girls are easier...so we'll see. All I know is that I'd much rather change a dirty diaper on my own time, then rushing through the grocery store to get to the bathroom with 3 kids and a shopping cart only to end up with wet pants....

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, It's 4:30 am.....Kalli fell out of her bed and now baby won't let me get back to sleep.

I've been doing more fun stuff with the kids lately and I am happy about that.  I've always been too uptight about making big messes, and haven't ever really been a 'toddler' person before, but I'm thankful I'm changing, learning and growing.
Today I let the kids play in the dirt, went shopping with said dirty kids who were wearing old mismatched hand-me-downs, let Kellan play playdough and didn't get frustrated when I saw the mess on the floor, had a supper picnic outside since our kitchen was too messy to eat there, let/help Kellan plant his own little herb pots....and we had a great time doing it.  2 years ago that would have been a different story.  My house is a lot messier and chaotic, but we're having too much fun to care :)

(A little 'Resurrection' easter egg hunt.  God and Chocolate? WIN WIN!)




 He saw these 'Lightning McQueen' gardening gloves at Walmart today and promised to pay for them out of his piggy bank stash.  :)


She only managed to grab one handful of dirt from her little perch...



Speaking of baby, I think we're head down now!  2 nights ago I went to bed with an oh so sore stomach, the kind where it feels like it is ripping open - I am guessing baby was transverse.  Then, this morning after some grimacing kicks to my side I felt baby nestle nicely on my bladder :)  So, now I'm hoping baby stays there!

Sister-in-laws with soon-to-be cousins!   V- 8 months & I'm 6 months!


No comments: