Well, here we are at 38 weeks.
Yesterday I weighed in and now I am officially the heaviest I have ever been in my life. Nothing like a good pick me up to start the day off - that along with sore & swollen feet.
I don't think I'm measuring or looking much (if any) bigger then the last ones - there is just a little fluff left over from Kalli ;)
But I'm not really complaining. Or at least I *shouldn't*.
I've been doing a lot of emotional & spiritual birth prep lately. Lots of birth story reading, devotionals, reading through birth scriptures,etc.
I found my theme verse for my labor & delivery:
Isaiah 26:3 -
You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. (NKJV)
Isn't that awesome?! I'm not necessarily fearing labor or feel uneasy, but I'm just working towards & praying for a really peaceful labor & delivery. Quiet, natural (if all goes well and as planned), and peaceful...
Keeping my mind focused on God & his gifts and persevering through.
The past 3-4 days I've had way more braxton hicks and a few cramps & pains, so it's nice to feel like things are gearing up. I usually have lots of bh's early on and throughout the pregnancy but these past couple months they've been pretty quiet.
My midwife gave me some herbal '9 month tea' and said to drink up to 5 cups/day. I've been doing my best and there is always a pot steeping on the counter. I'm pretty sure it's going to take me years to touch that stuff again after these couple/few weeks are over - but there probably won't be a need for it for a year or two anyways ;)
I've been sleeping really great lately! At least 8 hours (with 3-4 breaks to pee, check on a crying child or turning over & repositioning ourselves of course) and I usually sneak in a few minutes on the couch after lunch, so I'm thankful for the rest tank to be mostly topped up.
Well, one more cup of tea is poured and a few more verses to ponder before bed. G'night.
No comments:
Post a Comment