Can't believe I'm embarking on our 3rd year of homeschooling! What on earth??!
This year is starting off a bit different than the others. I'm usually giddy excited and can't refrain from starting before August is even half done! I'm usually pouring over homeschooling books, blogs and catalogues all summer and filling up my Pinterest board with ideas....but this year I'm feeling a bit wobbly as we get going on our year. I did start on the 1st, before the long weekend, so *fist pump* for me!
This year we are doing Grades 1 & 2 and we have two COMPLETELY different personalities. One is a bit of a keener, loves to dig into his workbooks and loves learning (homeschooling Moms dream!), while the other would rather chase butterflies ;) but she is quick and I love the little artistic flair she brings to our school table.
Sweet Sloan is going to be going to preschool this year, as the other two did when they were four, and she is VERY excited as her siblings always speak of the fun times they had at 'Little Miracles'. I'm excited to see her spread her wings a bit too and I think it'll be a good fit. She is often begging to do school with the bigs and she is usually right with us as we read, craft or work but I should run to the teaching store and find her her own little workbook so she feels a bit more included.
Then miss Amity is the spice of our life! Last year she was the one standing on the counter and ruining most projects that were being made, and this year isn't looking any different. She has taken on mimicking me as I do our couch reading, so we are either talking over her or she'll get us all laughing and we just have to put our books away and embrace the chaos. I'm learning a lot about embracing the present these days and trying to work through each moment - the good ones and the not so good ones.
And not to forget wee Indie. She's a dream. We'll just work on cuddles this year :)
(Finally getting back to finish this post 2 weeks later....)
I was doing a quick prayer this morning and getting my mind set for the day and week ahead. I like to write out my prayers because it helps me focus.....this is what I scrawled this morning...
Dear Lord, thank you for today. Thank you for health and the feeling of getting back on my feet. Lord, I give this day to you. I pray you will allow your spirit to work in us today. Be in our conversations. Be in our bible reading & devotions & really speak to us. Equip me!...because I lack. Help me to teach, lead and guide these little ones to a REAL & passionate relationship with you.
THAT is my prayer for this year. The education and learning part?.....that's second.
When I tell someone that we home school I often hear the "I could never do that! I'm not smart enough!" You know what? Me neither! I have confidence in the curriculum I use and our support system. I'm more of a coach.
I more often have the feelings of being UNABLE when it comes to leading my little ones to God! So, I pray that He will do the work, and I will just be the instrument. I have such peace in that....knowing that HE is ABLE.
And those are my ramblings as we start this year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment