November 08, 2006

Night duty

Well, here I am doing some more night shifts, and it's pretty quiet around here tonight - except for the lady whose getting ready to deliver, so I'm HOPING that she will deliver before I go home!!! I've never seen a delivery before and would LOVE to! It's 4am right now so I have a good chance, but if she's getting really close at 7, I'll stay - I just really want to watch! Hopefully it won't freak me out so I won't want to have kids! - doubtful tho.

The inspection on monday went really well. He found only a few minor things (put a cover on this, remove this...etc) so we are really impressed and had a really easy decision when it came to signing the final paper! So it's official! And another bonus, was that she moved the possession date to Dec.18th, so I don't have to work on my patience as long as I thought I would have to. :)
I can't post pictures (since I'm at work), but next time I go out to my parents I'll post a few. So excited!!!......
I've already started to pack (even tho it's still a month away), but 1/2 of our stuff was stored in the basement anyways so just reorganizing and going through our stuff. We were also going to pack most of our basement so we can clean it and get that out of the way. It's an unfinished basement and so gross and dirty, so probably will be a big yucky job. Can't wait for a clean house - one that even LOOKS clean after you clean it!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Welcome to the world of home ownership!

Did you get to see the delivery?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jen on finalizing the house transaction. That is SO exciting. Now comes the fun part....Auntie Ginny

kelly ens said...

yippeeee!!! that's awesome.
oh, and re: the delivery...don't let it scare you into not having kids. no matter how bad delivery is, the kid is always still worth it :)