May 07, 2007

Open House

Yesterday was an open house for my bro and his new wife. It was at my parents place and we managed to pack 86 people inside! For the last week my Mom has been baking and preparing like crazy for the party and she did an amazing job - I'm sure she had a good sleep last night!



Gift opening:


Before the crowds arrived we took some 4 generation pics with cute little Rebekah



The new parents:


Super cute Kasey


Last week Brian got most of the drywalling done on the basement bathroom, but it will probably be put on hold again since the sun is shining and field work has begun.



Today I'm enjoying the sunshine and doing some more yard work. The lawn is mowed so far and I have yet to clean up the garden spot. Back at it...

2 comments:

paige said...

Yikes!! 86 people? Your mom is amazing!
p

Melissa said...

I thought 49 was pretty nuts (the number of people we had for our house-warming and Joshua's first birthday party)...I'll never do that again! Not unless we have an acreage and the sun is SHINING!

But 86??? Wow!! WOW! Your mom deserves a spa vacation or something for that effort...

Great pictures! (I love it when you update your blog...hint, hint... :)