May 16, 2007

Depressing Story...

How old do I look?....
In a recent conversation with the old neighbor ladies I don't look as young as I am. Let me explain:

The other day as I was mowing the lawn 2 of my neighbors came over to introduce themselves. We were chatting away and they were telling me where they live and about their gardens. One lady asked, "maybe you know my kids, Dennis and Henry, you probably went to school with them"
"How old are they?" I asked
"Oh, let me see...Dennis is turning....46...." she said
(*hack*hack*cough*gulp*hack*)
"I'm a bit younger then that" I sweetly replied
"Well then how about Beverly...yes! you maybe went to school with her!"
Again I asked (dreading the answer)"How old is Beverly?"
"She's turning 40 this year"......

Seriously people!?! Do I look like I am in my 40's?!?
I'm booking a hair appointment right now.....then maybe I'll go shopping in the kids section....!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definately not in your 40's... 35 maybe. (just kidding)
I was thinking that if these ladies have kids in their late 40's, maybe they are reaching the age where they start to loose their sight. What do you think?
:)OJ

Melissa said...

I would agree with the first commenter - I think as people get older, they have trouble truly guessing someone's age. Younger is younger to them...

I know your title is "depressing story"...but seriously, don't put ANY stock in it!! Once I got over my shock, I was laughing...

You look GREAT!! (You should invite these ladies on a youth group trip so they can see the 'real' Jen!)

*hugs*
M.

Anonymous said...

Jen Jen Jen, you needn't worry, you look nothing close to 40! That lady was probbaly just a little senile. Seriously, I agree with "m" who said you should put absolutetly no stock in her comments. You're a beautiful, young looking babe! Although, careful, they do say when you start having kids it ages you...so whenever you go there you might want to consider that first. heheheheh. - sincerely, your pesky sister-in-law

kelly ens said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! no, you don't look that old. you don't even look as old as me! which makes sense, since you'r enot. anyway...i agree that old people lose their sight, so she probably couldn't tell :)

paige said...

that is truly a funny story... (and i hate to be disrespectful of an elder i don't know... but what a dum dum).
Neil laughed out loud when he read it.
You'll always be a sweet, fresh, lovely highschool girl to me...
paige
p.s. speaking of looking good, your mom looks amazing in that picture you have on your blog.