We took her out for lunch then had birthday cake at the Lodge where she lives. She hasn't been feeling too well lately and has recently been put back in the hospital so it was good to see her up and laughing (for some of the time anyways) - she slept most of the time we were there but we did manage to get her up for a few pictures.
My Grandma and her 4 kids:

Even though we didn't get to visit with her much (and I don't think she really knows any of us) it was good to spend time with her and also my aunts, uncles and cousin.
Having birthday cake (while Grandma was sleeping):

My cousin Leah just graduated as an RN so as usual our converstion consisted of nursing. We don't get to see each other very much now that we've grown up, but whenever we do it's always a great time!
Leah, Grandma and I:

Speaking of nursing... I did another shift in the recovery room on Tuesday. Best day ever! The nursing coordinator was actually going to cancel me because one of the surgeries was re-booked so there was only 2 but I am so glad I came in. Because there was a break in between each surgery I was able to go in the OR and watch the C-Section delivery! So cool! Then I helped out with the after care of the baby (vital signs, bath, initial checks, etc). After that excitement was over I got the next girl ready for surgery and when she went into the OR one of the RN's said "We have a girl in the Labour/Delivery almost ready to give birth - do you want to come watch?"....do I ever!.... So I ran down to the room and she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Wow! I also took that baby and did it's measurements, vitals, bath... and I even got paid for overtime! Very cool day! I was waiting and waiting to see a delivery - so 2 in one day was amazing!
I've been working in the backyard on my days off and things are looking up. I hauled in my parents garden tractor and ripped up half of the lawn. We want to move the garden plot to the back of our lot and turn the old one into a flower bed and grass. The previous owner dumped a huge load of sand on the garden so I've been shoveling/wheel barrowing that around the dirt to even it out. Needless to say my back was sooo sore!
The ripped up yard:


On Sunday my brother in law came for 4 days to help my dad out with the seeding. The weather was decent and Brian was busy spraying so they put in some long hours. They would get up at 5 and get home around 11. He was so tired when I drove him to the airport yesterday - but it was really fun having him around.


It's raining off and on today so I might get to see my husband! He's out at the farm right now dropping off the graden tractor so he should be home soon. Yesterday it was sooo windy he couldn't spray so I hung out with him a bit as he was doing odd jobs around the farm.

5 comments:
wow - 2 deliveries in one day. And overtime even! why don't they pay the mother for giving birth?!?! :)
wanna come work in our garden?
Great pics, Jen. Thanks for sharing them. And thanks for the updates in your life. Nursing is so cool, eh?.....Auntie Ginny
Wow, what a great week! What a huge yard for you to work in and try to keep tidy. Have you got a ride-on mower?
Great that you got to be a part of those two deliveries. Bonus!
Love ya. Mom van Tol
PS: We're planning our road trip to your place this summer already -so exciting.
Wow Jen!
Two comments -
Two deliveries in one day! Congratulations!! I agree with Kelly - they should pay the mom for giving birth! :) However, I'm glad you got to finally see some...and to boot, it was one of each "kind"!
And..your hair is getting so long!!
It's been too long since we've touched base IRL - we should do that sometime!
How sweet that you could be with your grandma - a nice little family reunion!
hey, so my sis was in killam this weekend...the one who was in australia...4 kids...she remembers your grandma who memorized the bible...anyway so i thought of you and, so cool about the births you went to...
Post a Comment