May 29, 2007

YC

This past weekend we took the youth kids up to YC - a big youth event in the city with tons of music and speakers. They had a blast! The conference started on Friday night so we drove up in a school bus. The night started off with worship led by The David Crowder Band! Following that there was a speaker and Delirious concert. We had a quick sleep in the basement of a church, then Saturday morning started off again with worship and a speaker. Then in the afternoon the kids had tons of concerts, sessions and games to choose from. My friend and I wandered around all the booths and book store for most of the afternoon and even did some sun tanning outside. That evening there was worship by Hillsong United, another speaker, Rebekah St.James concert and a Skillet concert. The kids were so wired after that but as soon as we got back to the church they crashed (thankfully!). Sunday morning/afternoon was the same. Another leader and I went to a session on cutting/eating disorders/addictions...etc..in teens. It was really informative and I think will help us out. I also spent a couple hours chatting with my friends who were at the booth for my old bible college. I went to school with the guy and have gotten to know his wife a bit in the past so it was good to relax, and enjoy friendships. To end the conference there was a concert by Toby Mac. It was a really good weekend but I was sure ready to come home!

Our group at one of the main sessions:




Hillsong Untied:


The sea of people waiting to get into to see Panic Squad:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy and fun conference. It's interesting to hear that Toby Mac is still performing, as I used to listen to DC Talk when I was a wee teeny-bopper.

I hope work is going well with you these days! How's the garden coming?

Leah

middie said...

do you mean nathan's or do YOU have news to share:)