Last week I was counselling at a small camp in southern Alberta. I went to the camp when I was younger and my good friend Leigha was directing girls camp this year so I was helping out. I was the counsellor for 9 yr old girls. I had a really awesome cabin and had lots of fun with them. Here is my girls and I at the Wacky Weiner Banquet:

It was a cultural themed week so on our cultural saturday all of us counsellors dressed up African:

Some of my girls in their cultural outfits:

My cabin - Cabin 4:

Everyday the girls got to pick 2 options that they wanted to be in (crafts, beauty, swimming, riflery,cooking, etc). I lead the cooking group. Here we are making dirt pie:

Backwards Supper:

Here's me practicing how to tie a baby on my back like an African:

Campfire:

Waterfight:

Utensil Supper:


And a hilarious picture of a gopher eating a Reese's peanut butter cup:

I finally got my camera/computer figured out so here are the 'Guest Suite' pics:


While I was away at camp Brian almost finished the bathroom. He just has to plumb in the shower, hang the mirror and put a door on! Turned out really good!
2 comments:
Thanks for all the pics, Jen! Your camp adventure looked like fun.
Wow, love the guest room and the bathroom. Beautiful job!!!! The blue and brown look so good together. Was the antique dresser a second hand store find? Lovely!
It all looks really great and professionally done to boot. =) The colour of your bathroom walls looks similar to the colour my mom just painted her bedroom.....nice colour. Well, all your hard work definitely paid off. Thanks again for posting pics!
I hope you are feeling well these days!
ttfn,
Leah
can i come stay in your guest suite? i love it! looks amazing.
great camp pictures...always great fun, isn't it?
Post a Comment