This past weekend has been a busy one. I went back to work on Thursday night - it went fairly well. The girl I worked with was pretty good and it was pretty quiet so there wasn't too many awkward conversations (thank-goodness!)
Friday morning I slept for 2 hours then got up to help my brother move and also go to my Mom's bday party. My brother and his wife decided to give up their city life/jobs and move back here! They bought a house about a 5 minute walk from here so it will be so nice to be so close! They move went fairly well and quick due to lots of hands. It will be quite an adjustment for them so we hope & pray it's not too difficult.
That day it was also my Mom's birthday so amidst the moving/unpacking we threw her a party. We couldn't really keep it a secret since we were decorating and cooking while she was unpacking in the kitchen but it turned out pretty good in the end. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!
That evening we went to a grad for some of our youth kids. The venue was pretty bad and I had a great view of the sound system... But it was still fun to see all the dresses and polished looking kids. We went to one of the kids' parties afterwards and enjoyed hanging out with some friends. We were pretty tired (especially since I was pretty low on sleep) so we didn't stay too late.
On Saturday it was the town wide garage sale so I went 'saling' around with some family/friends. I got some great deals so went home pretty happy. The weather was beautiful too so that made for a good day.
Yesterday we woke up early to have breakfast at my Grandparents. They make breakfast every sunday for any family who wants to come. We hadn't been in a while so it was good to see them again and enjoy their famous pancakes & homemade jam.
After that we went to church early so Brian could prepare for his sunday school lesson (he's been teaching the highschool class for a month to spell the teacher off). After church we came back home, had lunch and crashed on the couch. We were pretty wasted still.
For supper we went to our friends place (L & M's) for some awesome homemade gourmet pizza and dessert. They are a bit older then us (5 years-ish) and had their kids pretty young - so their kids are 12 & 14. Well, their boy C was doing the dishes and there was a bowl that had the pizza dough in it and the cheese. It had been filled 1/2 full of water so it was sitting on the counter soaking. C dared his sister S to drink the whole bowl of water (probably 4 cups of lukewarm merky dishwater) She of course, being the crazy girl that she is, took him up on the deal (of $15). About an hour later she finished it (and the chunks of 'whatever' that were floating in it). About 5 seconds after she gulped the last bit down she let out a HUGE burp then puked all over the kitchen floor! It was so hilarious!!! What a trooper!
Anyways, it was a great evening and we always have a blast with them.
Today I'm taking it easy - I have to work again tonight so I'm trying to conserve energy.
Hope you all have a great day!
2 comments:
Happy birthday, Jen's mom!!! (heeeheee) i was just thinking of her the other day & what a truly *lovely* person she is. i love her gentle spirit & her positive outlook.
You are a lucky girl, jen.
i'm jealous of all your close by (& moving closer) family!!
p
Happy Birthday, Cheryl!! Please give your mom a huge hug and hello from me! :)
I can't wait to see you!
M.
Post a Comment