June 13, 2008

14 weeks

Friday is now my favorite day of the week. It's the day I am one week more pregnant. And every other friday is even better cuz I get to take my preg pic and do my 'weigh-in' (most people may not think that would be an exciting day - probably dreaded for most - but I love it!). I have a little chart that tracks my weight and it goes up by 2 week increments and so I decided that every 2 weeks I would weigh myself and take my expanding pic. I haven't really expanded from my 1st pic. Depends on how bloated I am that day I guess....:S

Anyways, here I am at week 14:


And last time at 14 weeks:

I'm not *too* far off of last time's size. I'm comparable to 15-17ish weeks last time right now. Not too bad - can't complain!

Another fun thing about 'Pregnant Friday's' is sometime during the day Brian and I read the weekly update in a pregnancy book I have. This week we read that the baby is 3-4 inches long and weighs about 2 ounces.
I'm really looking forward to being able to feel the baby move. My favorite time of day is at night when I'm lying in bed. I put my hands on my tummy and feel the *little bump*. It will be so great when little kicks and prods will be accompanying the ever growing bump!
Last night I was thinking about what I posted yesterday. God kinda put me in my place and reminded me to be THANKFUL for this pregnancy instead of impatient. God has blessed us with this AMAZING gift and I'm not enjoying it to the fullest - instead at times I'm rushing through it. I guess I just want to get through the unknown/wondering time of pregnancy and jump to the "woohoo! I've got a living/healthy baby in my arms!" part.
I have MUCH to be thankful for...

1 comment:

paige said...

Yes ~ it's hard to change impatience into anticipation :) & yet all i've seen from you from day 1 was gratitude.
Be overwhelmingly gentle with yourself, Jen. The grief & joy are all still so raw & close ~ you're doing ... ahem... stealing a quote from your dr... "perfecto".