June 12, 2008

Impatient...

Ugh, Sometimes 14 weeks seems pretty far along - but when you've been pregnant for 13 months (with a 1 1/2 month break inbetween) & you've still got 6 more months....it tends to drag on. I asked Brian the other day if he feels like this pregnancy is going by fast or slow. He said slow. He was used to the stage where he could feel the baby kick/move. I guess when you start feeling the baby move and seeing your wife expand you can bond more with the babe. The first 1/2 of the pregnancy there isn't much of that.
For the most part I've been enjoying this pregnancy. A little tense at times (when you've got a stabbing cramp that lasts all day and everytime you pee you are sure there is going to be blood...) Physically I've felt pretty good. I'm still recovering from giving birth so I'm sure as the baby grows and adds pressure it might get a bit more sore :S I think I was nauseated for about 15 minutes ~ considering it was 1/2 hr last time things are looking up! I've been *REALLY* tired this last week. I'm not sure if it's the baby stealing all my energy, my nasty cold, or my possible anemia that's the culprit. If it's the baby I don't mind at all... but I thought after the 1st trimester you're supposed to feel better? I think I'm feeling better today tho - my head and eyes would close if I let them but my body is recharged a bit. Might go for a walk - fresh air might help.
I've been pretty scattered today. Was reading a few blogs. Cried a bit. Got excited. Somedays I'm so confused as to how I feel. Brennan is still so real and painful but this new life brings me hope. God's been good. Lots of peace and moments of healthy grieving.

1 comment:

Prvbs31Mama said...

You don't know me, but I was heartbroken when I received the prayer request from Paige, that Brennan had left this world to be cuddled by Jesus. I'm a mom of 2 sweethearts (most of the time!)and one darling who was a very early miscarriage...I too am impatient...it's NOT God honoring, and I still struggle to find out what God desires for me, but I found hope in your blog! I'm filled with Joy for you as you get to track your darlings growth! I can't wait to get pregnant again! And I do understand the mixed feelings of pregnancy after a loss. It's so hard some days and so joyous other days...sigh, kinda bittersweet...if I hadn't lost Gabrielle I wouldn't have Shyla!
Blessings to you as you share your thoughts and pictures! I love hearing how the Lord speaks to each of us in different ways! Your blog has given me hope!