This afternoon I had a prenatal Dr's visit. Have I said how much I like my Dr yet? So good, so caring...
Everything is "perfecto" - as he likes to say with his south african accent. The heartbeat was 153 today and I'm measuring on for my dates.
He said I have a 'tipped' uterus. Usually the uterus is normally tipped forwards and mine is apparently tipped backwards. It usually doesn't have any medical problems so that's good to know. During pregnancy it tips itself the right way as the baby grows - which explains the back pain I had last time about now (so far my back has been pretty good).
He gave my some antibiotics for a nasty cold I have (which makes me even more tired - I had 2 naps today and am ready for another!) He said my hemoglobin was low and was a bit worried I wasn't gaining enough weight - at least I'm not losing weight like I did last time. He booked some bloodwork for me and reassured me he wasn't too worried - just wanted to double check.
Other than those minor things he was really happy with how things are going. He told me my ultrasound results were good and he also said it was going to be a girl....I guess we'll see (he did add that he was only guessing).
Well, I'm off to work for a few hours.
2 comments:
What about trying to drink some of those breakfast shakes throughout the day? ~ i usually have low iron too & it's a pain ~ but maybe i'm 'growing out of it' 'cause my last couple weren't bad.
i'm thinking a big mac & a dq blizzard couldn't do you any harm :) hee hee.
I agree with Paige on the meal replacement and a bologna sandwich with LOTS of mustard can't hurt either....lol!
Post a Comment