June 20, 2008

*Father's Day*

Father's Day didn't turn out as I would have liked. I had planned to make Brian breakfast and enjoy the morning together. Then after church I wanted to take him to a restaurant he likes that we haven't been to in a while. Well, due to Brian's busy work schedule he was out the door at 5 am. At least I said "Happy Father's Day" through sleepy eyes.
I went to church by myself and ended up standing in the back due to a plaguing cough. After church I went to our friends house for lunch then went home and curled up on the couch until 4. After that I went out to my parents and helped my mom get our family Father's Day BBQ ready. Brian got there at 6 in time for supper. After dessert and some visiting around the table we headed home for some time together. We got ready for bed early then I gave Brian his cards/gifts.
I gave Brian a card. Then I wrote him a card from Brennan and his brother or sister. This is the note that was in the card:

(It says: Here's a little something you can hold until you get to hold my little brother or sister....Love Brennan)
This is the teddy bear that is on Brennan's grave. I really wanted to keep the teddy bear that was given to Brennan but didn't feel good about 'stealing' it from him, so I ordered the same one. It hasn't come yet so hope it comes soon.
Brian's parents also sent him this Willow tree ornament. It's called 'New Life'. A symbol of Brennan's new life in heaven and our new little baby here on earth. So thoughtful...

This is actually Brian's 2nd Father's Day. We were about 5 weeks pregnant last year at this time we just didn't know it.

Brian has been an amazing father so far! I remember watching Brian hold Brennan and thought it looked so good! I remember seeing other father's hold their babies for the first time and they looked so awkward - like they didn't know what to do. Brian looked so natural with a little baby in his arms. Can't wait for him to have that chance again!

We definately didn't invision celebrating Father's Day like this but are comforted to know that our Heavenly Father is holding our little son. What a beautiful thought...

To the greatest husband & Dad (a little biased I know...) I love you!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You made me cry!

It's OK, though - you guys are amazing parents and I'm so touched by the grace and healing God is bringing you at every turn.

*hugs*
M.

paige said...

*tears*
p

corrievt said...

beautiful, jen.

you're so thoughtful. brian is a lucky man to have you for a wife, and the mother of his children.

love you.
and brian.
and brennan.
and the wee one.

corrie