June 20, 2008

Randomness...

Today I'm at home recovering from a busy beginning of the week. I don't have to work again until Wednesday night so I'm enjoying a really long weekend! Woohoo!

Our basement is slowly making progress. This past week we've had a guy doing mudding/taping. We have lots of corners in our hall/laundry area so it's really tedious work. He should be back next week to finish the mudding, sanding and texturing the ceiling
It's kind of a funny story how we got him to do our basement. We had originally booked another guy who we waited on for about a month - then one day he showed up and said he couldn't do it. Brian then called around but couldn't get anyone else so one day he told me "I'm just going to do it myself." [Now, Brian is a SUPER handy guy and has a knack for building, etc - BUT last year we attempted to mud our bathroom and...I'll just say it didn't turn out very good. It was a good attempt and considering it was only a 5x8 room - pretty 'easy'. But to tackle a big family room, a hallway, a laundry area, and a coldroom - sounded like a headache to me.] ANYWAYS, Brian went to the local hardware store and was picking out the supplies he need when a guy came up to him and asked him what he was doing. Turns out this guy was looking for work and FOUND IT! So, Brian brought him back to the house, showed him the basement and he said he would start in a week or two. He isn't a 'professional' but he told Brian he is really picky and we will be happy with the finished product - so far so good!
A little side note * The other day Brian wasn't able to spray so he was doing some work at home and chatted a bit with this guy while he worked. He has been into the hospital a few times and told Brian that he likes helping us out because of how much I've helped him in the past with some of his 'issues'. He also told Brian that he would lower his rates as kind of a 'thankyou'. When I heard this I was totally blown away. I've never really been thanked like that before and it really meant lots to me...
These aren't the most exciting pics but here is the job so far:



Last saturday was the town parade. I met up with my sis-in-law, neice and their friend from Edmonton. The parade wasn't spectacular by any means but enjoyable none-the-less. It's amazing how much more candy you get when you stand by a kid:) Here's Rebekah with her jackpot:

Enjoying a freezie:

Another interesting thing about our town....it has many huge/loyal Saskatchewan Roughriders fans. Did I mention we live in ALBERTA where there are 2 football teams! Anyways, these guys were in the parade and we thought it was hilarious:

Sunday is our churches annual Sunday School picnic. After church we all head to a campground/park near a river and hang out for the day. I think I had to work last year so I'm really looking forward to it this year.

Yesterday I went to Camrose to get some groceries and I needed some 'in-between' clothes. I found 2 shirts at Walmart that were on sale so was pretty pleased about that. Then I went to Bootlegger and found 3 more that were also on sale. I thought I was doing great then I got to Superstore...The had about 7-8 racks of clothes for CHEAP! I found 4 more shirts and overall I ended up paying $62 for 9 shirts! (6 t-shirts, 1 dressy tanktop & 2 dressy shirts) Now, I don't really need 9 shirts so I may take the more expensive Bootlegger sale items back. We'll see...

3 comments:

Leah said...

Such a cool story about finding a guy that would mud your basement, and give you a discount because you're a nurse! Awesome!

You're basement is really coming along. That must be exciting. Looking forward to more pics. :)

kelly ens said...

the basement is looking really good, and so great about how things came about!
yay for great deals on a bunch of new shirts :)
ps. your hair looks great too! :)

paige said...

Your basement looks so good, Jen. i wish we had extra space that we could develop!