June 28, 2008

June's almost over! Yikes!

Crazy that it will be July next week. Wow! - this summer is going to go by pretty quick!
Yesterday, today and the next few days we are/will be enjoying some hot weather. It has been a pretty cool spring/summer so we are really looking forward to some heat! Brian's busy spring work is wrapping up and he should be caught up this afternoon! Altho, he said that another pile of work may be coming in so hopefully we get to enjoy at least a few days off together. I suggested that we go to the lake after church tomorrow and he thought that was a good idea so I hope it works out.
Yesterday it was too windy for Brian to spray and I just got off of working a couple night shifts so all afternoon we worked in the yard and enjoyed some needed time together. I finished weeding the garden and flower beds (which I am so happy about!)

I'm not sure why I'm wearing jeans and a hoodie in +25 degree weather:



Brian is building a garden shed in our backyard and it is quickly making progress. All the framing is done so he's onto the walls next. So, it should really look like a shed soon. We're not too sure of what color to go for. Any suggestions? Our house is white with green/sage trim but are hoping to reside in the next few years so it doesn't necessarily have to match. I think I want to keep it white and maybe some grey/charcoal for the trim/door. Sound good?

Notice how Brian already parked the mower in the shed :)

Here's Bri hard at work:

Here are some update pics of the yard.

Our 'TOBA' tree with some flowers finally blooming:

I think my inlaws will like this flower box I got:


Yesterday the 'mudder guy' (for lack of a better name) did the final mud coat in the storage room and family room. Today he is sanding it so we can start priming this afternoon/evening. He'll finish the hall and laundry/furnace area next week and also do the ceilings. It's finally starting to feel like it will be done soon. I phoned a flooring company and they said they will be able to do the carpet/lino in about 3-4 weeks. We should be able to enjoy our basement in a month or two! We're not too worried about time since we don't use the basement much in the summer, but it will just be nice to have everything done and in it's place.

This morning I hit a garage sale in town. They had 4-5 tables of baby/kids clothes so I got a bag full. I love garage sales....
Not sure what I'll do the rest of today. Brian hopefully will be home soon and I guess we'll be working in the basement pretty quick.
Have a great long weekend!!

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

i love that the mower is in the unfinished shed ;)
i like your color ideas - i'd go for that!
seriously - jeans and a hoodie in that temp???? WOW!

corrievt said...

you guys are some of the most productive people i know! do you EVER just rest and do nothing???

inspired