July 20, 2008

Fun & Busy Week

This past week has gone by pretty fast since it was full of lots of fun & eventful things. Monday evening I headed out to a camp about 2 hrs from here and spent the week as a 'back-up/co-nurse'. I didn't really need to be there but I was more or less learning the the ropes and scouting out a camp we may be more involved with in the future. It is connected to our church so the week I went there was a few helpers from our church including our really good friends M&L (also the pastor of our church). They were the 'spiritual leaders' during the week so their job description was pretty free - and I had a low-key role too so we hung out quite a bit.

The climbing wall:

L giving it a try:

Crazy campfire songs:

Games:

The beach:

I stayed until Thursday evening since we had plans for Friday and I didn't have a super important role. While I was gone our ride on lawn mower cratered on Brian. Our choices were to either get a new engine for it, buying another used one (that isn't guaranteed to work very long either), or buying a brand new one. The price difference between all of them wasn't very much so we chose the new one. While we were just about leaving the dealers after buying it the salesman asked Brian if he needed another hat (thrown in for free). Brian said instead of the hat that he wanted one of the John Deere toys I was scouting out. The salesman hummed & hawed for a minute then handed Brian the toy. I was so excited! Totally worth buying the lawn mower for it! :)

The new machine:

And even better - the free toy!:


After trying out the lawn mower and doing a little yard work we got ready and headed for the city fair/exhibition; plus there was a concert we wanted to see so we thought we'd go for the afternoon. I was in need/want of some summer mat clothes so I hit up Old Navy and Thyme Maternity. I spent about $200 and got 2 full bags (2 pairs of shorts, 3 pairs of capris, 3 tank tops, 2 t-shirts and a sweater). I thought I did good and only one item was regular price!
After shopping we headed to the fair grounds and met up with my bro & sis-in-law and her sister/bro-in-law. We went to the concert (Collective Soul) with them then hung out a bit afterwards. I had to work early the next day so we kinda rushed home but we enjoyed our day.


Then on Sunday we skipped church (with our pastor & his family - hehe!!) and headed up to a cultural village. We spent the day touring the historical town/buildings and had a great time with them.

This morning I painted our family room floor and I'm patiently waiting for it to dry so I can finally get our basement put back together. Flooring is going to take quite a while to get installed so we decided to paint the floor for now so we can at least get things organized down there. And this afternoon Brian is shingling the garden shed roof in the +30 weather. I'm thinking he's asking for a sunburn.

No comments: