August 20, 2008

Making progress

Yesterday I spent almost the whole day down in our basement (aka: the cave - as we like to call it). I was cleaning, organizing and getting everything in it's spot. Our spare room is almost back to normal (which I am thrilled about!) and we even slept in there the past few nights because it's much cooler down there. Our storage room and cold room shelves are neatly packed but there are still a stack of things that need to go on them and that need to be put away. On Monday I went shopping for some 'storage solutions' and some decor for the family room. It turned out a bit 'prettier' then we were planning since we were going for a cozy family room feel but we're happy with the end result. So far the family room is the only room that is mostly complete so here it is:





Here is our family in a frame - thought the u/s pic was especially cute in there:

The framed sepia pics around the room are different shots that we have taken on our travels. They are mostly from NYC, the east coast and Mexico.

Today I am planning on also spending a good portion of the day cleaning/organzing down there again. It will take me a few more days to get it done but I'm making progress. After that it's on to the nursery...eeek! (But I'll love every minute of it!)

I'm going onto my stretch of night shifts tonight then we have a wedding on the weekend so it will be a full week. In the next few days harvest will be starting up so Brian is pretty busy these days too.

Well, I'm off to the cave!

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

I love the new family room - especially the family frame!!!

Lola said...

Yay, I'm a blogger now. Come visit me! your house is looking great!