September 13, 2008

PSYC 290

I got my Psychology course in the mail the other day and so far I'm really enjoying it. It's a great break from all the writing in English. I feel like I'm actually learning something instead of writing a bunch of words and hoping for a good mark. I'm a note taker and so far I've filled 12 pages. Almost done chapter 1 (out of 10)! - not bad for only 2 days.
A while ago I gave my good friend a gift certificate for a massage here in town. Her appointment was yesterday so I said I'd watch her 2 little kids while she went. I also invited over my sister in law and my neice so the kids could all play together and us girls could chat. We had a great afternoon - a little chaotic at times but that's normal for kids. They all stayed for supper since they are both married to farmers who were in the fields. Fun times!
Brian was actually able to come home early last night since it started to rain so they couldn't combine. Well, early means 7:30 pm so we had a little time together which was great. We even slept in until 8 this morning! Funny how our lives are predicted by seasons - 8 am would be considered EARLY in the winter! hehe!
Oooh, and in other great news - I got a raise - a $3 one! And also 5 months of retroactive pay! When I told Brian he said, "oh nice, you should buy yourself a new pair of shoes or something" - hehe, funny how he's catching onto the things that make me excited:)
Well, I'm off to work this afternoon.....for DOUBLE TIME!

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

HIPHIP HOORAY for the raise and back pay!!! how cool!

Cairo Grace said...

ooooh!! i want new shoes too! and i really really want a pair of moccasins (sp?) for the winter... i wear slippers all day & i want a good pair.

paige said...

Hee hee!!
Whoops! i posted on here with Cai's identity ~ she has a google act. for her email... She does snoop on here & read your blog :) but she's way too shy to comment.