September 22, 2008

Tidbits of our day...

We woke up to rain this morning and even though it's not a good time for it because of harvest we were both quite relieved. It's been a while that we've been able to lay in bed until 9.
So, since Brian was home today I thought I should use his strong muscles and move our dresser, bed and mattress around our bedroom so I could clean everything. And apparently I need to vacuum under our bed more then once ever 18 months! Eeek! So our bedroom is 'fall cleaned' except for the closet which I hope to finish tonight.
Brian has been out finishing our garden shed off and on today. He said it was 'relaxing' :) I'm not sure if that would be my 1st choice of things to do on my one day off in a month but as long as he's relaxing then that's alright with me.
Then this afternoon we went to the funeral home and ordered Brennan's gravestone (see post on Brennan's blog). It probably won't be laid until the spring because of winter but it's nice to have that done. I think it represents his life well and it's beautiful in a bittersweet kind of way.
This evening we plan to relax and enjoy each others company. Maybe rent a movie or something. I have a really yummy supper planned - homemade fish & chips and garden veggies. Speaking of supper, I better go start it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got a break. It's such a hard time of the year for both of you. It was so nice to talk to Brian tonight. We miss you both so much. mom van Tol