November 19, 2008

Ahhh ~ Love is in the air

Today is November 19th. Today Brian and I started dating 7 years ago! WOW! That's kinda crazy. We met at bible college and had a super fun year together. We'd go back in a heart beat. Me with my freshman 15 and Bri with his bachelor cooking diet ~ Ahhh but we were in love!:

This past weekend we finished painting in our house and did a bit more organizing. We painted our stairwell white. I *think* it was white before....not too sure tho ;) Then we finished painting behind the washer & dryer and Brian put up some shelves for me. I am a shelf-a-holic! Nothing gets me more excited then a new shelf! :) My new pride & joy:

This is how Bri painted the high ceiling/walls in the stairwell...

This is the view below him. Eeek! Brave guy!

There is a blizzard starting outside our living room window. We haven't had much snow yet this year - it looks so pretty right now. I think I need some candles burning and maybe some Christmas music...

4 comments:

kelly ens said...

Wow - i forgot how thin brian was before! You must cook well Jen (of course that is not a stab at Brian...he's still thin, but not like he was before :)
I love the new shelves - i love shelves too...helps me feel organized.
wow, snow...must make it feel like Christmas so much sooner. that is the best thing about Alberta :)

Jen said...

I know - Brian was pretty skinny. All the boys were until they got married :)
Now they look healthy!

Anonymous said...

you don't know me, but I'm a friend of Paiges, she's mentioned you to me throughout the last few years so I've been reading your blog that last few months (I hope that doesn't sound creepy/stalker-ish) and I LOVE shelves too! I particulalry like your laundry room situation, very impressive how you used under the stairwell in such an organized way. We live in staff housing at the bible college where I work, and we share laundry with a whole building of couples. I dream of the day I can have my own laundry room - I remember Paige & Neil's laundry room in their Sexsmith house - it was perfect, with beautiful painted shelves for each child, I loved it. Good work on having a list of "to-do-before-baby-comes-things" it sounds like you are effectively staying ontop of everything!

Anonymous said...

you don't know me, but I'm a friend of Paiges, she's mentioned you to me throughout the last few years so I've been reading your blog that last few months (I hope that doesn't sound creepy/stalker-ish) and I LOVE shelves too! I particulalry like your laundry room situation, very impressive how you used under the stairwell in such an organized way. We live in staff housing at the bible college where I work, and we share laundry with a whole building of couples. I dream of the day I can have my own laundry room - I remember Paige & Neil's laundry room in their Sexsmith house - it was perfect, with beautiful painted shelves for each child, I loved it. Good work on having a list of "to-do-before-baby-comes-things" it sounds like you are effectively staying ontop of everything!