November 18, 2008

Feeling a wee bit nesty today. Or at least I was. Kinda lazy right now.
I had another Dr's appt yesterday. Oh Man.....gained 3 pounds this past week! Ack! And he was worried I wasn't gaining wait - guess I showed him! ;)
Baby is still head down but hasn't dropped. Shucks. Not that I expected it to but that would have been fun to hear.
I'm a little bit mad at him for saying every week that this baby is going to be early. He doesn't really have any reasoning behind that - just his guess. So, I had to set my mind straight the other day and told myself not to get my hopes up. I'll plan for a week overdue then I won't be disappointed if I don't go into labour at 38 weeks. I guess his 'educated' guess is better then mine tho...
Yesterday I also was preadmitted into the hospital. Watched a really lame carseat video and did all the paperwork. We ran out of time to finish watching the other 2 videos so I have to go back just to watch them. No big deal since I have to go weekly for Dr's appts anyways. The nurse showed me the L&D room (which I had already visited a couple months ago that one night) and everything is pretty much straight forward. They don't have a tub (which I wanted to try) but they do have a shower, a labouring bar and a birthing ball. So, I'm happy with that.
Brian asked me to finish packing the hospital bags today. (Nothing like looking for camera batteries when I'm ready to push:) ) I reassured him I would.
Well, I better keep going. Off for a walk uptown to do errands.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Three pounds in a week! You go, girl!!

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I hadn't gained for a week or so, and then WHAM - 7 pounds!! And that was without blizzards or any other scrumptious delight!!

I'm getting so excited for you!!!!!

kelly ens said...

way to go on the weight gain! I think I did that with Ezra too at one point...or it was 5lbs in 2 weeks? Wait...7lbs in 2 weeks? Anyway, we all know he was a big one. But you're still looking cutely small, so i think you'll be just fine - a very average-sized GIRL :)
i can't WAIT for this little babe to be born, and to finally meet him/her at CHristmas (hopefullY?)

paige said...

JEN!! i LOVED the birthing bar... i pretty much had to fight the nurse to set it up for me tho, she didn't want to for whatever reason. It was THE most comfortable pushing position (& i ended up with no stitches, which is a big deal for me, since i've had them more than not...) The shower is nice too... i brought the ball into the shower with a towel on it when i had both Charter & Mollen & it was a very nice labouring position too. (It had the hand held shower head & Neil just held it on my back while i laboured... very nice... & soothing...
eeek! i can't believe there's only a month left!!!!!!