November 21, 2008

Full Term!

Ahh! To be finally considered 'full term'....feels good! I mean I still could be pregnant for another 4-5 weeks but it's just another milestone we have passed!
One more that brings us closer to this baby!

Yesterday Brian's parents booked some flights out here for a week around the due date! I'm so glad they are coming. They were thinking of maybe just waiting for Christmas to see the baby since it is only a couple weeks after the due date, but I think their excitement got the best of them :) I know they will be a huge help and not be in the way at all! With my super great husband, both sets of parents, and close family & friends helping out I'll be napping all day and barely lifting a finger! *chuckle* ya right! But I know I will be spoiled not having to worry about meals, cleaning, laundry, etc. for the first week or two - and just being able to focus on being a mommy.

Yesterday my mom came for the afternoon and we finished cleaning the kitchen. She didn't want me to be exposed to all the fumes so she scrubbed my oven! Oh how it sparkles!!! She did all the walls too and I finished up the cupboards. Ahhh - feels so good to have a clean house! THANKS MOM!!! Next week we plan to have a cooking day and fill our freezer. I have a great mom!

Still feeling great! Not uncomfortably huge which is so nice. I'm getting a little bit nesty again (I took a break for a few weeks) so I'm planning on doing some baking today. And maybe some cleaning too.
Baby is still moving lots - must not be running out of room quite yet. Brian's getting pretty impatient/anxious these days. Ever since we got the the 36 week mark he's been asking once or twice a day how the baby is and if it's moving lots. Thankfully this baby is pretty active so I can always reassure him and even give him lots of proof. Must be hard for the husbands to wait. Us girls at least get to feel the baby move and feel the aches and pains the little lives bring us. The guys only see this massive belly on their wives and feel the odd kick. He'll be such a awesome daddy - can't wait to see him hold this new little one!

Oh man! - it's the weirdest feeling to have your belly resting on you lap! Funny!

2 comments:

rachel joy said...

Wow! You're just two days ahead of me so your countdown helps me keep track. Full term, yikes!

Jenny said...

Love reading your blog! I'm excited for this baby! I'm commenting because I saw your cute room all stocked up with baby items... I'm a Mama of 5 little ones, and I just wanted to send out a little warning in case any of those toiletry items were baby oil. Baby oil is very dangerous if a baby/toddler gets ahold of it and aspirates it. It is deadly! So scary. I don't keep ANY baby oil, OR oil candles/scented things in my home, it's not worth the risk if the baby gets ahold of it. I have had babies with dry skin and I just use the Aveeno outmeal lotion, it works sooo great! I just wanted to offer that out there, just in case. :)