November 24, 2008

Weekend Happenings

Ahh...a quiet monday morning. I'm so glad I don't have to get up to go to work anymore. I've actually been on the casual list for work the past month but haven't gone in once...and I'm not sad about that.

First of all I wanted to post a Christmas tree ornament recipe my friend and I tried the other day.

1c. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. ground cloves
3/4c. unsweetened apple sauce
2 Tbsp. white glue

Mix it all up, roll out (1/4 inch thick), then use cookie cutters.
Bake on a cookie sheet at 200 for 1-2 hours or let dry on a cooking rack overnight. Don't forget to poke a hole in them for a ribbon.


They make the house super spicy smelling and they are so cute!

Saturday was a fun day. Brian was home so we enjoyed a relaxing morning then went to work on our new front door! We had ordered a fiberglass door and picked it up on Friday. It needed to be stained so we spent an hour or two in the garage doing that.

After it dried we put on a sealant and hopefully Brian will be able to hang it tonight or tomorrow. It turned out beautifully and we saved about $150 staining it ourselves. We didn't do a professional job but the mistakes me did make are only noticeable when we point them out. It should really help the curb appeal of our house and can't wait to have it up! I'll post a pic of the complete project when it's done!

While we were waiting for the door to dry we set up our Christmas tree! We usually wait until the beginning of December but we decided since we won't be able to enjoy the tree as much after the babe is born we should set it up a week early. This week I will finish setting up the rest of the decor, maybe write our Christmas letter/cards and do some baking.

Saturday night was our church's adult Christmas banquet. They had a comedian (which was SO great!) and yummy Christmas dinner-like food. Mmmm... Here is our pre-Christmas 'family' pic. Can't wait for our actual family Christmas pic which will include the wee one!

We are actually standing in front of the tree but I guess we're gaining a little weight:)

Yesterday after a Sunday afternoon nap we went over to our friends place for a Grey Cup party. Had lots of fun with everyone and of course enjoyed the yummy food!

No comments: